BaseButton Response, Hide Image (Eprime 3.0)

Alex

Jun 30, 2017, 3:36:59 AM6/30/17
to E-Prime
Hi gang,

I am discovering the limitations of PST's documentation for some of the new features of E-Prime 3.0.  I'm playing around with the BaseButton feature, and for the most part, it's not a hassle.  However, there are so many functions that are not defined in their online Knowledge Base whatsoever (there's an article introducing Buttons as an input mask, but that's about it).  "Icons", "Images", "Masks", and "Backgrounds" ahoy!

At any rate, I have been trying to find some way to hide a button after it has been pressed (i.e., mouse cursor is over the button, the button is pressed, and then it vanishes from the slide, leaving the as-of-yet-pressed buttons).  Has anyone played with this functionality yet?

Thanks!
Alex

David McFarlane

Jul 5, 2017, 4:05:45 PM7/5/17
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Alex,

I presented a very similar question to PST Support, so you might want to
contact them for documentation & examples. Turns out you can do this
handily with Script Based Task Events -- see, e.g., the ScriptTaskEvents
sample that should get installed with EP3, and go from there.

(Make sure that you submit your request to PST Support, *not* the PST
User Forum -- people get those confused a lot!)

-- David McFarlane