How to enable mouse as input response?

aileen....@mail.dcu.ie

Aug 8, 2017, 7:46:42 AM8/8/17
to E-Prime
Hi guys,
I'm currently looking to add a mouse an input device in my program. This will involve selecting YES through pressing left mouse button, or by selecting NO through pressing right mouse button to a given image. I've been looking at past threads and most are saying to input code. I am very new to the world of eprime and do not know how to do this or what I should input. If somebody could guide me through this I would really appreciate it!

David McFarlane

Aug 8, 2017, 10:37:14 AM8/8/17
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
First and foremost, work through all of the Guides that came with
E-Prime. The "Getting Started Guide" gives a hint on how to add the
mouse as an Input Mask on p. 18. Although none of the Guides go into
explicit detail for the mouse, it acts pretty much like any other input
mask, and you do not need any inline code just to use the left & right
mouse buttons -- you need inline code only for clicking on screen areas
(and then you don't even need code for that if you have EP3).

If you need a little more hand-holding, see "The E-Primer"
(https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.amazon.com_E-2DPrimer-2DIntroduction-2DPsychological-2DExperiments-2DUniversity_dp_9087281838&d=DwIDaQ&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=G5rE14iEroXBmo5-NBEH68hGd8Mb0XSkrpl4X12tf70&m=7jEvSZJwm8uYlXjT3555a8paLNsUEGbr4kqypxXRSrY&s=DuwuO1e95uY8GZ8gdwkVVwH_awDq9MZWm6-6wcxVvpc&e=
), or look into taking the online course below.

David McFarlane
E-Prime® 2.0 training online:
psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx
Twitter: @EPrimeMaster (twitter.com/EPrimeMaster)