Ananth Narayanan

Dec 5, 2014, 2:32:01 PM12/5/14
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Hello E-Prime Experts,

My colleague and I are programming a Cyberball paradigm as described in the E-Primer book. When running it, we get an error saying the following.
*******************************
Run-time Error (Line 726)
11108: Movie requires a call to .Load before being played
The MovieDisplay was stopped which requires a call to MovieDisplay.Load before Run or Play
********************************

To the best of knowledge, there is no reference to this error anywhere. Also, we followed the book instructions faithfully and didn't deviate at all from its instructions. Zipped file attached. Thank you all in advance!
- Ananth
AAcball.zip

alex iyer

Dec 11, 2014, 11:39:48 AM12/11/14
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Just a quick update-we have managed to get the program to work, such that it is a very simple version of the task; 60 total throws where the player has an equal chance of getting the ball relative to the other players.   We would like to add another, exclusion trial, almost completely similar to our first trial, with a crucial difference:  after 10 throws or so, the two other participants will only toss the ball to each other, and the player will have no control for the remaining 50 throws.  We know one way to sort of accomplish this would be to increase the weight of the other participants, but there are two issues with this.  For one, we would like the weight to be equal until after a certain amount of throws.  Then, we would like it so that there is no probability whatsoever that the player would receive the ball.  We are not sure it is possible to do this using the weights, and, moreover, are not sure how to change the weights mid trial.  Any suggestions on how to go about creating the exclusion trial?

Thank you!
Arjun

rfo...@elon.edu

Nov 9, 2015, 12:28:49 PM11/9/15
to E-Prime
I have the EXACT same problem. Emailed the authors of the book but haven't heard back. Would you let me know how you fixed the error?

Best,
Rachel

rfo...@elon.edu

Nov 9, 2015, 12:29:42 PM11/9/15
to E-Prime
I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this error. Would you let me know how you resolved it? Did you ever learn how to create the exclusion trial?

Thank you,
Rachel

mainemoodd...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2017, 4:20:48 PM1/23/17
to E-Prime
Good evening!
We are working on setting up Cyberball in E-Prime and have run into this same exact error. We were wondering if you could let us know what procedures you did to correct the error and get Cyberball to load.

Thank you!
Maine Mood Disorders Lab