Auto Update Slide Object with a VAS

Jamie Josephs

Jun 7, 2016, 5:47:49 PM6/7/16
to E-Prime
Hello!
So I am rather new to e-prime, and coding in general, and I have a question that nobody in my lab can answer either.
So the experiment I am working on involves subjects moving an arrow along a visual analogue scale (VAS). I downloaded one and it's working perfectly on my slide. However, there is something a tad more complicated that I'd really like to do.
So as subjects move the arrow along the VAS, they are allocating money to two different groups. We want them to be able to allocate the money in whatever way they want (if they have $100, they should be able to split this in any way. For example, $20.12 to group A and $79.88 in group B). This works well with the VAS I downloaded, because it calculates the position of the arrow on the VAS in percentages, and the endowment is $100 in each trial so this corresponds beautifully.
However, what I'd really like to be able to do is have two text objects on either side of the VAS that update, as the arrow moves along the slider, to show the amount of MONEY (not percentages) being allocated to each group. So, as the subject moves the arrow to the right, the number to the right of the slider gets bigger as the number on the left of the slider gets smaller.
I really want subjects to be able to see exactly how much they are allocating to each group as they move the slider.

I hope I've explained that alright. Let me know if anything needs clarification.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks so much!!
-Jamie