Jump if no response

Julia Douglas-Mann

May 22, 2016, 6:29:04 AM5/22/16
to E-Prime
Hi E-primers

Does anybody know how to jump if the participant enters no answer after a specified amount of time?

I currently have 2 input masks, but it will only jump if I put a letter in for the response option - it doesn't seem to let me put {NONE} or {BLANK}...

Thanks for any help

Julia

João Ferreira

Jun 7, 2016, 7:05:41 AM6/7/16
to E-Prime
Hi

I have the same problem. Have you managed to solve it?

Thanks
João Ferreira

David McFarlane

Jul 19, 2016, 2:23:09 PM7/19/16
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Julia,

By design, the Jump action applies only to the input masks of a stimulus
object, and takes effect only when the subject gives a response. If you
need to do a jump upon the *absence* of response, then you will need to
add some inline code after your stimulus object, e.g.,

If (StimSlide.RTTime = 0) Then Goto JumpLabel

If you do this, make sure that you set PreRelease to 0 for whatever
comes just before the InLine, otherwise your inline will execute before
the object gets a response! (See
http://www.pstnet.com/support/kb.asp?TopicID=2627 .)

BTW, I suppose that your Procedure has some stuff to do after it gets a
response, followed by some more stuff to do whether or not it gets a
response. Otherwise I would rather rearrange things on the Procedure
timeline so that the stuff that happens upon no response comes right
after the stimulus object, while responses jump past that to another
part of the Procedure.

-- David McFarlane