How do I present a sound while quickly alternating images?

Nathan Coolidge

Oct 13, 2015, 3:00:52 PM10/13/15
to E-Prime
I need to present a 40 Hz clicking sound for 800 ms (I already have the sound file) while the presentation of two images that alternate every 33-34 ms for 800 ms. I can get the images to alternate but I can not get the sound to play concurrently. Any ideas?

Alie Male

Oct 19, 2015, 5:17:10 AM10/19/15
to E-Prime
This sounds similar to my problem of presenting stimulus from two different lists concurrently. If I figure it out I'll let you know!

Swathy K

Nov 11, 2015, 1:48:10 PM11/11/15
to E-Prime
Please share an answer if you have solved this problem! WIll be very grateful for that.

Thank you!

David McFarlane

Apr 19, 2016, 10:30:15 AM4/19/16
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
I'm still answering old, hanging threads that have simple solutions,
just in case this helps anyone else who stumbles across this later ...

In this case, just give your SoundOut a Duration of 0, and set Stop
After to No. E-Prime will continue to play your sound while it moves on
from your SoundOut object to run the rest of your program, e.g., a List
of alternating images. (I go over this and many other things in my
online course.)

---------------
David McFarlane
E-Prime training online:
http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx
Twitter: @EPrimeMaster (https://twitter.com/EPrimeMaster)

On 2015-10-13 3:00 PM, Nathan Coolidge wrote:
> I need to present a 40 Hz clicking sound for 800 ms (I already have the sound

David McFarlane

Apr 19, 2016, 10:36:56 AM4/19/16
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
I should have checked my records first -- turns out this got answered
earlier at https://groups.google.com/d/topic/e-prime/HjydPTWxCQ8 .

-- David McFarlane