Water Jug Problem

James Mills

Aug 11, 2015, 3:19:53 PM8/11/15
to E-Prime
Hi there,
I'm working on a study utilizing the Water Jug problem, (http://www.math.tamu.edu/~dallen/hollywood/diehard/diehard.htm , http://www-public.int-evry.fr/~gibson/Teaching/CSC7322/ReadingMaterial/AtwoodMP80.pdf). I previously used Delphi for coding this program, but am interested this time in using e-prime to keep with our lab's standard. Unfortunately, I'm not overly familiar with scripting in e-prime, so I'm looking for a little help.
Is there anyone who has tried this problem or something similar before, that would be able to give any helpful advice?

James

David McFarlane

Aug 11, 2015, 3:41:56 PM8/11/15
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
James,

Do you really need millisecond precision reaction times for this (the
pages that you link to imply that you do not)? If not, then I think
that E-Prime makes a poor choice for this task. If it were me, I
would just do this in html & CSS, and run it for free on any web
browser. That's my advice, helpful or not.

-----
David McFarlane
Twitter: @EPrimeMaster (https://twitter.com/EPrimeMaster)