Error message: 11031 Unable to update frame

graa...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2018, 6:03:52 AM4/17/18
to E-Prime
Dear Group

I get the following error message when trying to run my E-run file on my Laptop (Windows 10):

The following runtime error occurred:
Unable to update frame
Marker: 261
Src:1366x768:{0,0,1366,768}  Dest:1366x768:{0,0,1366,768}  0x887601ae
Line: 959
Error Number: 11031

The error messaged occurs very irregularly (sometimes when playing the first video and sometimes after a few videos have been played). I have 20 wmv videos in the protocol, presented as 'MovieDisplay'. The error only occur when I try to run it from my laptop with Windows 10 - it works fine from my Windows-7 laptop.
E-studio version: 2.0.10.252 (pro)
E-run versions 2.0.10.356
Please let me know if you will be able to help me with this issue/need more information.

Kind regards

Viktor

David McFarlane

Apr 17, 2018, 9:55:16 AM4/17/18
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
I don't know about the connection with Windows 10, but whenever we had
problems with movies in E-Prime we found it to be the result of codecs.
In some cases we solved it by transcoding our movie files using
ffmpeg. You might also try using the CodecConfig utility that comes
with E-Prime. Try searching this Group with terms like "codec" and
"codecs" for more discussion. (And before it comes up again, wmv is a
container format, not a codec, there is a difference. And just because
a movie works fine in Windows Media Player or whatever does *not* mean
that E-Prime can handle it, E-Prime imposes more stringent requirements
because of the need for millisecond control.)

-- David McFarlane