Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Hank Jedema

não lida,
5 de out. de 2010, 15:14:3405/10/2010
para E-Prime
I have a main procedure containing multiple lists that are used to
cycle through different slides using other procedures (stimulus
procedure). When a response to the slide occurs, the Inline item in
the stimulus procedure which evaluates the slide is supposed to end
the cycling through the list and end the stimulus procedure, and
advance to a label located in the main procedure (goto LabelX). When
I try to create the script however, I get the error "Missing label"
apparently because the label is outside of the stimulus procedure. How
am I supposed to "break out" of a sub-procedure in block list given a
certain response to slide ?

Does anybody have recommendations for good instructions to learn the
proper code used in E-prime Inline objects ? I find the E-basic help
not all that helpful.

Thanks very much.

Hank

liwenna

não lida,
6 de out. de 2010, 08:17:0006/10/2010
para E-Prime
Hey Hank,

I think your question is answered in of the FAQ items on the pst
webste (http://www.pstnet.com/eprimelegFAQ.cfm ):
*******
Is there any way to use the Label object to jump outside of a
procedure?

E-Prime does not allow you to jump outside a procedure. A procedure is
a timeline of events, hence when you jump to the end of the procedure
you are skipping over the events that occur in one single trial. To
jump outside a procedure you must terminate the List Object based on
some criterion. To do this you must include an InLine Object
containing a small amount of script. The InLine Object would be placed
following the object that is accepting the input. The following lines
of script would be implemented in order to terminate the List Object
if an incorrect answer was received. The lines of script below assume
that the input is collected via a TextDisplay named “Stimulus”, and
the List Object that is to be terminated is named "TrialList".

If Stimulus.ACC = 0 then TrialList.Terminate

**************

Good luck!

liw

liwenna

não lida,
6 de out. de 2010, 08:20:5406/10/2010
para E-Prime
ow and as for your second question... not really :/ I learned most
here on the google group and by myself just by doing doing doing
trying trying trying. The manual is sometimes helpful for very
specific problems and so is very sometimes the e-basic help function,
but I agree it often seems to be 'just off' with respect to being a
low level guide as to how to code.

If it's any consoloditation: when I started using e-prime I was
totally unexperienced with respect to any computer language and ermm
yeah... I do kinda understand e-primes e-basic now ;)

On Oct 5, 9:14 pm, Hank Jedema <Jed...@pitt.edu> wrote:

Hank Jedema

não lida,
6 de out. de 2010, 12:46:5406/10/2010
para E-Prime
Thanks very much for your reply. That did the trick.

arm...@uchicago.edu

não lida,
3 de abr. de 2018, 17:46:2203/04/2018
para E-Prime
Hey Anne-Wil, Hank, and any who see this!

I have a really similar question to Hank's. Is it necessary to exit out of multiple lists to jump from a procedure that's pretty embedded in an ePrime experiment?

I want to jump from the end of a procedure to the end of the experiment, and skip a bunch of other procedures. The experiment structure looks like this:

ExpList
  ExpProc
    PlayerList
      PlayerProc
        GirlList
          GirlProc
            MotivList
              MotivProc
         BoyList
           BoyProc
      End slide (currently at end of ExpProc)

So, the Girl and Boy Lists/Procs are on the same level, but I only want girls to go through the GirlProc and boys the boy. After a girl completes GirlProc, I'd like to jump to the end of the experiment.

Currently, I have a slide at the end of MotivProc where the participant responds with an 'x', and this is followed by inline code that reads:

If slide.RESP = "x" Then
  MotiveList.Terminate
End If

However, when I run the experiment, it's as if the inline isn't there. It automatically proceeds to what boys should see (BoyList/BoyProc).

Also, the 'goodbye' slide is at the very end of the ExpProc.

Does anyone know of how this might be fixed?

Thank you,

Mika

David McFarlane

não lida,
6 de abr. de 2018, 14:35:2906/04/2018
para e-p...@googlegroups.com
See reply in the thread at groups.google.com/d/topic/e-prime/e2g_aWqZyVw
, "jumping out of a procedure".

On 2018-04-03 5:46 PM, arm...@uchicago.edu wrote:
> Hey Anne-Wil, Hank, and any who see this!
>
> I have a really similar question to Hank's. Is it necessary to exit out of
> multiple lists to jump from a procedure that's pretty embedded in an ePrime
> experiment?
>
> I want to jump from the end of a procedure to the end of the experiment,
> and skip a bunch of other procedures. The experiment structure looks like
> this:
>
> ExpList
> ExpProc
> PlayerList
> PlayerProc
> *GirlList*
> GirlProc
> MotivList
> MotivProc
> *BoyList*
> BoyProc
> End slide (currently at end of ExpProc)
>
> So, the Girl and Boy Lists/Procs are on the same level, but I only want
> girls to go through the GirlProc and boys the boy. After a girl completes
> GirlProc, I'd like to jump to the end of the experiment.
>
> Currently, I have a slide at the end of MotivProc where the participant
> responds with an 'x', and this is followed by inline code that reads:
>
> If slide.RESP = "x" Then
> MotiveList.Terminate
> End If
>
> However, when I run the experiment, it's as if the inline isn't there. It
> automatically proceeds to what boys should see (BoyList/BoyProc).
>
> Also, the 'goodbye' slide is at the very end of the ExpProc.
>

> Does anyone know of how this might be fixed?
>

> Thank you,
>
> Mika
>

> On Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at 7:17:00 AM UTC-5, Anne-Wil wrote:
>>
>> Hey Hank,
>>
>> I think your question is answered in of the FAQ items on the pst
>> webste (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.pstnet.com_eprimelegFAQ.cfm&d=DwIFaQ&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=rVCe0bDlnqQHHAg2cizkHg&m=U0bwfPBIhlvps70nqoYk0v0j76Ykcw64UcQTxm9aWEs&s=vNK34zWW_dBo9r4aB8x_tGRTxlOWgAQmpvk8hAgglpk&e= ):
Responder a todos
Responder ao autor
Encaminhar
0 nova mensagem