Different timing in one slide

Esther Jesús Ortiz

Jun 21, 2017, 11:24:01 AM6/21/17
to E-Prime
Hi everyone!

I would like to present two pictures along with an audio, but I would like the second picture to show up 2 seconds later than the first one.
Is that possible with e-prime?

Thank you so much for your help!

Best wishes,
Esther.

David McFarlane

Jun 21, 2017, 1:13:10 PM6/21/17
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Esther,

How many of the E-Prime manuals & tutorials have you worked through so far?

-- David McFarlane

Esther Jesús Ortiz

Jun 22, 2017, 8:48:02 AM6/22/17
to E-Prime
I have two tutorials that I have read from cover to cover and I still have this problem, hence my question.

Thanks anyway

David McFarlane

Jun 22, 2017, 12:19:58 PM6/22/17
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Esther,

OK, try this -- Put two Slide objects in your Procedure, let's call them
ASlide and BSlide. Use ASlide to present the first picture, with
Duration of 2000. Then use BSlide to present the first picture again,
along with the second picture and the sound (this is probably the most
common way to do this); alternatively, use some combination of BackStyle
"transparent" and Frame Width & Height so that BSlide can add the second
picture to the display without covering the first picture.

-- David McFarlane