How to Add a Joystick in Eprime 3.0

Lauren Banker

Dec 22, 2017, 3:25:09 PM12/22/17
to E-Prime

Hello!

I would like to create an experiment that uses a joystick/gamepad as an input device, tracking the thumbstick movements and button presses. I have tried to add a joystick as an input device in E-studio 3.0, however I have run into difficulties in trying to add this device (the only devices that come up are a Keyboard, Mouse, and Button Press). The computer (Dell, Windows) registers the joystick, but E-Studio cannot locate it.

I have found older posts from individuals who have tried to use a joystick with Eprime 2.0, but I am unable to find any advice/tutorials on how to add a joystick with 3.0.

I have inquired about this at E-Primes Community Forum, but if someone has additional information on how to configure a joystick with 3.0 I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!