How to show a record of the previous results and responses (choices) in the new trial

Yixiang Xu

Aug 19, 2017, 10:17:16 PM8/19/17
to E-Prime
Hi,

I am trying to figure out how I can show the record of the previous results or responses on the screen during the experiment  in E-prime. More specifically, each trial in the experiment includes two stages: a choice stage, and a feedback stage. in the choice stage of the experiment, subjects are asked to choose one out of four options, however, only one of the options is correct. In the feedback stage, subjects are shown the correct option. Then subjects move to the second trial of the experiment. In this new trial, I want to show the subjects what they chose in the previous three trials, and the correct options in the past three trials in the choice stage. However, I don't know how to make it in E-prime. Especially, I have to randomize the order of the trial sample in the list due to the nature of the experiment, it makes it more difficult for me to come up with a solution.
I am looking forward to any of your advice!

Best,
Yixiang
Message has been deleted

Yixiang Xu

Aug 21, 2017, 11:29:21 AM8/21/17
to E-Prime
Hey guys,

I figure out the issue by myself! It is not really difficult as long as you take full advantage of variable, GetAttrib, and SetAttrib functions.
I learn quite a lot by searching the past post in this forum. Many thanks!

Best,
Yixiang

在 2017年8月19日星期六 UTC-5下午9:17:16,Yixiang Xu写道: