16002: An attempt was made to write to a port configured for input

mca...@umich.edu

Apr 29, 2015, 11:19:37 AM4/29/15
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting this error, just as it's loading the instructions object:

The following runtime error occurred:

An attempt was made to write to a part configured for input

Line: 210
Error Number: 16002

I thought the issue may have been with changes I just made to the script, but I tried it with an old script that I know works and got the same issue. Is this a hardware issue? What could cause this? I don't think we've changed anything substantially with the e-prime presentation computer...

mca...@umich.edu

Apr 29, 2015, 11:34:34 AM4/29/15
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Restarting the computer solved the problem. Should have tried that first, sorry!

Samantha R Linton

Oct 23, 2018, 1:44:11 PM10/23/18
to E-Prime
Hi,

I realize that this is an old thread, but I am currently having the same error when running e-prime as part of an EEG study. I'm working on a longitudinal project that also uses scripts from 2015, and have found that this error occurs every so often, but results in me having to restart both the e-prime and EEG computers. Ideally I would like to work out any issues with the hardware so that this error does not occur at all.

Has anyone else managed to solve this bug?

Best,

Sam

McFarlane, David

Oct 23, 2018, 5:18:59 PM10/23/18
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Same,

Just to weigh in with my experience ... We ran into this error message
with one E-Prime program on one machine a few years back. Strange thing
is, we had another identical machine purchased at the same time, and
that machine did not exhibit the error. And when we swapped hard
drives, the problem followed the hard drive. Reformatting the hard
drive did not solve it either. Whenever the problem happened we would
have to reboot the E-Prime machine (but not the EEG machine).

We finally gave up and just retired that one machine.

-- David McFarlane

Samantha R Linton

Oct 24, 2018, 12:29:41 PM10/24/18
to E-Prime
Hi David,

Thanks for your response. I believe there have been a number of previous attempts to fix the issue we've been having. Based on your similar experiences it sounds like it might be time to upgrade our systems.

Sam