Help with Columbia Card Task (CCT)

Joao Guassi Moreira

Jul 16, 2016, 8:50:18 AM7/16/16
to E-Prime
Hi Everyone,

I'm a new* user to E-Prime and I'm attempting to program a version of the Columbia Card Task (CCT), which is a frequently utilized behavioral paradigm in decision making studies. I've gotten stuck and am wondering if anyone can help me out (see quick overview of the task below). I'm wondering if (1) anyone already has the task programmed and wouldn't mind sharing it (sorry if this is considered rude to do on this board) OR (2) does anyone have ideas on how to go about this? More specifically, has anyone ever done this before and know how to set everything up just right?

Thanks!!

Regards,
Joao

Quick overview of the task: The participant sees a set of overturned cards on the screen. Some cards are associated with a reward and some are associated with a loss. The number of reward & loss cards are known to the participant, but he/she doesn't know exactly which cards are which (e.g., loss v. reward). By way of button press, the participant has a choice to pass the beginning of the round or flip over a card. The participant then keeps flipping over cards, one at a time, via button press. If he/she flips over a loss card, that round is over and they move on to a new set of cards. They can choose to stop & 'cash out' at point in a given round (e.g., I flip over three gain cards, and don't want to risk losing so, I stop, keep my points/money and move on to the next round). More info can be found at these links

*Have used it a couple times before but haven't programmed something this indepth before.