Weird list order issue

Max Cantor

Apr 22, 2015, 10:16:06 AM4/22/15
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
My experiment, at the SessionProc level, has a StimBlock reading from 3 ListFiles, equally weighted at 1, which lead into a BlockProc procedure. Each ListFile contains the same header information and has the same number of stimuli. The StimBlock is random selection with no repeat after reset; a single cycle is defined as all samples (the 3 lists), and the list is exited after 14 cycles (or 42 samples, which will make sense in a moment).

The BlockProc contains a DesignList drawing form the ListFile sampled from the StimBlock. While a single cycle is defined as all samples from file (in this case 169 per file), it exits list after 12 samples.

The intention is that the subject will listen to 12 samples from any one list sequentially, before moving on to another list, but upon returning to a list will pick up where it left off, and this will continue until all samples from all lists have been played. I'm realizing now that 42 samples (12 samples per list x 3 lists per stimblock cycle) x 14 cycles = 504 and not 507 (169x3), which may be a problem in its own right but I don't think explains this problem (although I'm concerned about what led me to think 14 cycles was correct in the first place).

However, currently the experiment is only playing six stimuli (two from each list), with two of the lists playing ten in a row of one stimuli and then two of the other, and one playing eight of one stimuli and then four of the other. This repeats for 504 samples (14 cycles x 3 lists x 12 samples per list).

I can't think of any explanation for this. Is there something obviously wrong with how my proc/block/lists are set up?

Is there any more information I can provide that might help you to understand the problem?

Max Cantor

Apr 22, 2015, 10:42:26 AM4/22/15
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Ok, so I solved the numbering problem (I accidentally had 1 too many stimuli per list), so after fixing that the total is 504, so my number of cycles makes sense, but as I predicted that did not solve the weird repetition problem.

Max Cantor

Apr 22, 2015, 10:57:51 AM4/22/15
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Ok I've almost got it! It turns out I actually was accidentally weighting the lists from within the LisFiles themselves. The ListFiles were repurposed from an older version of this experiment which did things a little differently. Now, fixing the weighting, I see that the only problem is that, after the 12 samples per List per Cycle, upon re-entering that List it starts over rather than continuing from where it left off. Is there any way to correct for this?