Play movie in Eprime2

soeursourire

May 14, 2010, 2:51:40 AM5/14/10
to E-Prime
Hi,

I have this error when I try to simply read an avi file in Eprime2:

Run-time Error (Line 99) 11053: An error occurred while attempting to
load the movie
Marker: 223
Error: -2147220877 (0x80040273)

I do not understand why, as the first image of the video is visible in
Eprime when elaborating the experiment.
I can read the video on the PC into Windows Media Player so it should
not be a problem of codec.

So why eprime cannot load the video although I selected directly the
file to play?

Thanks for your help!

David McFarlane

May 14, 2010, 9:50:30 AM5/14/10
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
This has been discussed in several threads both here and on the PST
Forum, as well as in the PST Knowledge Base. As I recall, seeing a
movie work in Windows Media Player provides no guarantee that codecs
and other things are configured correctly to work with E-Prime, if I
am wrong then someone please correct me. We could really use a full
explanation of the technical matters involved in playing digital
movies. In the meantime, please contact PST Web Support at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp , they strive
to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours (although latest reports
indicate more like 10 days) -- this is pretty much their substitute
for proper documentation, so make full use of it. And if you learn
anything useful then please post back here.

David Vinson

May 14, 2010, 11:54:18 AM5/14/10
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

David M. is right - the fact that a movie works in Windows Media Player
is no guarantee that it will work in E-Prime 2.0. If you have not
successfully displayed a movie in E-Prime before, the first
troubleshooting step is to check is whether the sample experiment
"MovieRT" works. If this doesn't work, this tells you there's a more
general problem than just something to do with the specific avi video
you're trying to load.

If MovieRT works, then you know it's something specific to do with your
video encoding and can proceed accordingly.

Good luck!
another David

--
David Vinson, Ph.D.
Senior Postdoctoral Researcher

soeursourire

May 17, 2010, 3:23:56 AM5/17/10
to E-Prime
Hello Davids :-)

Thanks for your answer. Actually I first explained my problem on the
PST forum but they told me to ask my question here to your group.
I tried to run MovieRT but that does not work neither. I got this
error:
An error occurs whole attempting to load the movie marker

So what does that mean? That Eprime is not correctly installed?
Thanks
Soph.

David McFarlane

May 17, 2010, 11:06:03 AM5/17/10
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Good, you ran the basic test and now you know to set aside looking for a
problem in your movie file and instead look for a more general problem
in your system setup (or understanding of MovieRT). If it were me I
would next try doing all this on a different machine to see if the
problem lies with the one machine or is something even more general.

Also, please do contact PST Web Support at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp . Reminder: the
PST Forum is *not* Web Support, and PST Staff rarely provide any help
through their Forum. In general, if you want help then either contact
PST Web Support or post here to the E-Prime Google Group, best to ignore
the PST Forum (except for searching the archives) as it regularly gets
confused with Web Support and beyond that offers nothing that you cannot
get more readily here on the Google Group.