E-Prime Dongle not recognized by Windows10

cery...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2018, 6:18:50 AM1/18/18
to E-Prime
Hello!

I'm installing E-Prime in a new computer with Windows 10 but i'm having problems getting the dongle to be recognized.
Windows can't find any drivers for the HASP and therefore the installation is not successful.

I remember that there were some files from the E-Prime developers to support with this kind of problem (something like "Hasp Install Setup"), however I can't find it anymore on the support website from pstnet.
I would ask on pstnet but any simple question is now answered with "The support for the registered product serial number in your account has expired." and nothing else...

Did anyone have this kind of problem with Windows 10 and found a solution for it?
If not, would any of you still have these workaround files that you could upload?

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Sofia

David McFarlane

Jan 18, 2018, 10:54:41 AM1/18/18
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Sofia,

Just so you know, you may purchase a year of PST Silver Support for only
US$35 (or US$195 for their Gold Support). I renew my Silver Support
every year, and I pester PST Support all the time, and they treat me
pretty well. $35/year seems worth it to me. See
www.psychology-software-tools.mybigcommerce.com/other/support-plans/

As to your question, so far we have had no trouble with the hardware key
on Windows 10. We do have trouble getting .NET 3.5 working under
Windows 10, but we have that ironed out now -- post a question here if
you need instructions on that (PST Support would also help with this,
but I think my instructions are better, although really I just stole
them from
www.kunal-chowdhury.com/2015/08/windows-10-dotnet-framework.html#iyjjw5OIpd2LgUq8.97
).

-- David McFarlane

cery...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2018, 12:41:20 PM1/18/18
to E-Prime
Thank you so much for your quick answer!
You are right that $35/year is well worth the support. I will definitely discuss that option in the next team meeting in our department.

I actually did get an answer from PST (that was really nice) and they told me that the problem would be solved by simply downloading the last drivers for HASP from the Gemalto Sentinel Customer Community
That solved the problem!

We didn't need yet .NET 3.5 but it's great to know that we can get back at you if we have questions on that. Thanks a lot for all the great contributions here!

Best,
Sofia

juan concepcion

Jan 18, 2018, 1:29:53 PM1/18/18
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Go to device manager.
Look up Sentinel Key device manager.
Check for the Sentinel driver.
Look up the correspondent Sentinel HASP driver for the hardware key on Sentinel site.

Hope it works!
It has done so for me a few times

Juan