About task events error, Nmber 16003

남상규

Sep 15, 2017, 1:08:54 AM9/15/17
to E-Prime
Hi.

I want to send trigger from e-prime  task event to AcqKnowledge 3.9.1. (GSR)
So I found the methode Youtube and user guide.
The problem is I got a runtime error.(I put image)

I didn't connect paralled port yet.  Before connecting parrelled port, I want to make sure that e-prime collectly work.

Please teach me.

Plus I wonder that what are that means which are ResetBit, Setbit, ToggleBit, Writhebyte. (It is difficult to understand in Youtube. Sound is so fast. ㅜㅜ)
제목 없음.bmp

David McFarlane

Sep 15, 2017, 9:39:37 AM9/15/17
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
I went to the PST Product Service & Support page, put "resetbit" into
the search box, and came up with
support.pstnet.com/hc/en-us/articles/229359847-NEW-FEATURE-Ability-for-ParallelPortDevice-to-ToggleBit-SetBit-ResetBit-18967-
. Please see if that helps. I can supply more explanation if needed.
Then I put "writebyte" into the search box, but those links did not
really explain WriteByte -- WriteByte just literally outputs the
one-byte value that you supply.

I cannot make out your error message from your image, it's too fuzzy.
Could you just type in the text of the error message? Thanks.

-- David McFarlane

남상규

Sep 15, 2017, 3:23:34 PM9/15/17
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
be taught e -primein class.  And in my lab  there is biopack equipment gsr.
For essay, I want to show emotion images with e prime and get the emotion response data with GSR.

I heard that when pic show up in e prime, Acqknowledge get pulse from eprime.

 In that image.

It is written bit 37363 out of range (expect 0- 9)

So I changed timestamp to custom a wrote custom value in 5

But problem is there is no trigger in acqknowledge or rarely get the triggers.
 So I cannot figure out how can I make setting task event even if I read guide in homepage and watch youtube.

What should I do to slove the problem?

2017년 9월 15일 금요일, David McFarlane<mcfa...@msu.edu>님이 작성한 메시지:

David McFarlane

Sep 25, 2017, 3:07:32 PM9/25/17
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
You did not say which Task Event "Action" produced that error message --
ResetBit, Setbit, ToggleBit, or WriteByte ...

If using ResetBit, Setbit, or ToggleBit, the value used for output must
be 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 -- i.e., it must indicate which bit of an
8-bit value receives the action (by tradition, bit numbers are counted
starting at the right (lease significant) bit with 0 -- this is all
elementary computer knowledge). This will almost certainly not work
well with Source set to "Timestamp", so I would set Source to "(custom)"
and then put the appropriate value into Custom.

If using WriteByte, the value supplied by Source or Custom must be an
integer from -32768 to 32767 -- these are the limits of any 8-bit value
(yet more elementary computer knowledge). I would use hexadecimal
values here (again, elementary computer knowledge) -- in that case the
values would range from &h0000 to &hFFFF.

For more (and somewhat archaic) technical details about the parallel
port, see also the documentation that PST provides at
support.pstnet.com/hc/en-us/articles/229359667-INFO-General-Parallel-Port-Information-17216-
.

-- David McFarlane