Load items based on response given/recorded data

Petra Marcotti

Oct 10, 2017, 3:28:43 AM10/10/17
to E-Prime
Hi Everyone,

I am quite new to E-Prime (and I am not very familiar with programming language in case it needs some script lines) and this question may be really basic.

I am trying to build a task where participants give a series of subjective ratings on certain items (a simple list followed by each subjective rating). After this, I need E-Prime to load (or select) only those with the highest average rating, which will then be used for different subjective ratings. This is the step where I am stuck as I don't know what needs to be used to have ONLY certain items from a list loaded (based on recorded data/response given).

I hope what I need to do makes sense and happy to give more details if it is not clear. Has anybody done this before? Or could you direct me to where/what to search to build this task?

Hope someone will be able to direct me somehow and thanks in advance!

David McFarlane

Oct 10, 2017, 2:44:28 PM10/10/17
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
First, this will take some considerable inline code, so you will need to
learn some programming.

Second, you will find some of what you want to do in the "Study-Recall"
example that you may download from the PST website. In short, you will
use inline code to modify or create a List for the second phase of your
task.

-- David McFarlane

Petra Marcotti

Oct 16, 2017, 6:36:16 AM10/16/17
to E-Prime
Thank you very much for your reply and for directing me to what to look for!