emotion recognition eprime template

Helio Cuve

Sep 28, 2017, 5:36:39 PM9/28/17
to E-Prime
Hi, can somebody share a e prime template for and emotion recognition task. Basically something like display a facial expression, followed by a slide with options to choose which emotion was displayed. I have one but that I am trying to edit from, but I keep having a problem with the rating slides. The program keeps loosing the changes I make and it messes up the formation every-time I open the experiment again.

I would appreciate if someone has something similar and could share it.

Thanks

FERNANDO LÚCIO

Sep 29, 2017, 7:48:25 AM9/29/17
to E-Prime
Hi, Helio! It has been a long time since I've used E-prime, so I'm not sure about that, but I think you can set up a simple display task, using image displays (the typy of files you should use is probably [.pdf] or [.jpeg] or [.png]). I don't have a template right here, in this computer I'm using, but I can try to find it in the lab I worked. Anyway, the step by step of E-prime to this kind of task should not be difficult.

I hope you get what you need soon. Sorry for not helping much for now and for my poor english. And, please, let me now more about your work, cause emotion is not what I have been studied but it is something that interests me.

Fernando Lúcio.

Michiel S-Spape

Oct 2, 2017, 4:51:37 AM10/2/17
to e-p...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I wrote a tutorial for this a few years ago, posted at http://www.e-primer.com/2014/03/tutorial-validating-videos-of-facial.html

Best,

Michiel

FERNANDO LÚCIO

Oct 2, 2017, 8:26:15 AM10/2/17
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
​​​​​Looks like interesting! By the way, do you know the work of Armindo Freitas-Magalhães? He's a portuguese researcher which studies facial expression of emotions at Fernando Pessoa's University, City of Porto, Portugal. I've been there a few years ago and met his lab. His work follows the tradition of Paul Ekman's studies and improves several tools to facial expression recognition.

If you're interested, here are some links and files (attached):

Best,

Livre de vírus. www.avast.com.

FERNANDO LÚCIO DE OLIVEIRA
Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
Centro de Linguística da Universidade de Lisboa

I wrote a tutorial for this a few years ago, posted at http://www.e-primer.com/2014/03/tutorial-validating-videos-of-facial.html

Best,

Michiel

Hi, can somebody share a e prime template for and emotion recognition task. Basically something like display a facial expression, followed by a slide with options to choose which emotion was displayed. I have one but that I am trying to edit from, but I keep having a problem with the rating slides. The program keeps loosing the changes I make and it messes up the formation every-time I open the experiment again.

I would appreciate if someone has something similar and could share it.

Thanks

Helio Cuve

Oct 4, 2017, 12:26:22 PM10/4/17
to E-Prime
thanks for sharing this Michiel

Helio Cuve

Oct 4, 2017, 12:27:36 PM10/4/17
to E-Prime
thanks Lucio. I have my experiment programmed already. there's just a bug that I am having with the rating slide

Helio Cuve

Oct 4, 2017, 12:35:05 PM10/4/17
to E-Prime
would it be possible to have your template? Best, Helio

Michiel S-Spape

Oct 5, 2017, 7:56:34 AM10/5/17
to e-p...@googlegroups.com

Hi Helio and others,

Sure! I tweaked it a bit to make it work on different resolutions. You do need the pictures of facial affect library for it to work (I’m sorry, but I think I’ll be sued if I share that).

https://liverpoolhope-my.sharepoint.com/personal/spapem_hope_ac_uk/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?docid=0c4dcd621585a4d5280f091aa6d1f5f6e&authkey=AYl1rmUzsqW6oTsb7lDmP6w

Please read the readme.txt file for further info.

Image removed by sender.

~WRD000.jpg