ImageDisplay duration different from Time limit for response

mar...@connect.hku.hk

Nov 20, 2016, 1:03:10 PM11/20/16
to E-Prime
Dear all,

I have met a problem with my eprime programme.

I set the duration for an imagedisplay as 400ms, which is quite a short time. However, the participants are actually allowed to answer by taping on spacebar within 3000 ms if they ever see the target stimulus. However, even if they do not respond, the list will go on. Therefore, I set the time limit as 3000 ms and end action as (none).
However, when i try to run the programme, I deliberately answered after the ImageDisplay time (400ms) and it did not record my response.
May I ask how to solve the problem?

Thanks.

Best,
Marco Fong

PHILLIP M Mahoney

Nov 20, 2016, 1:19:24 PM11/20/16
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marco,
Do you want or need to collect responses during the 400ms that the image is displayed?
Phil

Phillip Mahoney, Ph.D.
Professor of English
826 Anderson Hall, Temple University
Philadelphia, PA 19122

mar...@connect.hku.hk

Nov 20, 2016, 9:43:27 PM11/20/16
to E-Prime
Dear Phillip,
 Yes I need to collect responses during the 400ms that the image is displayed, as well as within 3 second after the image is displayed.
May be I upload my e-studio file here so you can understand more.
Thanks.

Best,
Marco

PHILLIP M Mahoney於 2016年11月21日星期一 UTC+8上午2時19分24秒寫道:
On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 1:03 PM, <mar...@connect.hku.hk> wrote:
Dear all,

I have met a problem with my eprime programme.

I set the duration for an imagedisplay as 400ms, which is quite a short time. However, the participants are actually allowed to answer by taping on spacebar within 3000 ms if they ever see the target stimulus. However, even if they do not respond, the list will go on. Therefore, I set the time limit as 3000 ms and end action as (none).
However, when i try to run the programme, I deliberately answered after the ImageDisplay time (400ms) and it did not record my response.
May I ask how to solve the problem?

Thanks.

Best,
Marco Fong

AlienAlert_Version1.es2

PHILLIP M Mahoney

Nov 21, 2016, 7:46:46 AM11/21/16
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marco,
That helps, though I won't be able to open it until tomorrow. In the meantime, may I ask what happens after the 400ms? What does the participant see for the remaining 2600ms?
Phil

mar...@connect.hku.hk

Nov 21, 2016, 12:09:52 PM11/21/16
to E-Prime
Dear Phillip,

Participant will see other stimuli. It's a continuous stream of stimuli and participants are required to press "space" whenever they see two identical stimuli in a row.

Marco

PHILLIP M Mahoney於 2016年11月21日星期一 UTC+8下午8時46分46秒寫道:

David McFarlane

Nov 21, 2016, 2:44:01 PM11/21/16
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Marco,

I bet that your Time Limit extends through the last object in your
Procedure, and you have PreRelease of that last object set to "(same as
duration)" (the default value starting with EP2.0.10).

Please see http://www.pstnet.com/support/kb.asp?TopicID=2627 . The
following threads also cover this and related "gotchas", so you might
find these of use:

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/e-prime/Liej8Ik83sU/
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/e-prime/SBZ5pL0z8NE/
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/e-prime/IV1KWxm3Q-U/