play .wmv file

flavia

Nov 11, 2011, 10:20:32 AM11/11/11
to E-Prime
I am trying to play a .wmv file with e-prime 2.0. As soon as I run the
script the following error pops up:
"Unable to create syrface for display frame host
Marker: 158
Error Number: 11030"

If I run the MovieRT sample experiment it works. However in this
sample experiment the video played is a .mpg file.
Then if I run my script with a .mpg file it works as well.

How can I solve the problem of the .wmv file?

David McFarlane

Nov 11, 2011, 10:30:34 AM11/11/11
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Good, you took the first step and made sure that MovieRT worked on
your system. Now, you need to make your particular file and E-Prime
work with each other -- please start with the thread at
http://groups.google.com/group/e-prime/browse_thread/thread/338b7e9ceec5d22
. You might also consult PST Web Support at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp , and they in
turn will direct you to articles in their Knowledge Base
(http://www.pstnet.com/support/kb.asp ). And besides doing more
searches here in the Google Group, you might search through threads
at the PST Forum (http://www.pstnet.com/forum ). Good luck!

-- David McFarlane

Prasad

Feb 15, 2016, 1:21:55 AM2/15/16
to E-Prime

I know this is an old thread, but I had the same problem with an mp4. I simply converted it to an mpg using the free tool ffmpeg.