error message: "Identifier is already a variable"

EchoYang

Apr 12, 2018, 7:06:20 AM4/12/18
to E-Prime
Hi there,

I'm working on an E-prime task mainly including two different tasks in two separated blocks. At the end of each block (task type), I want present the amount money participants lost within the block based on the number of negative feedbacks they received.
To this end, I'm using the inline, as shown in the attached file (Moneylose_For block), it could work for each task separately, that means it can calculate correctly for the amount of money lost during the corresponding block. however, it doesn't work for the total money lost. The error message reminds me that "Identifier is already a variable", the "identifier" here refers to "ShowTotalMoney".

I have checked the variable I defined, it seems no repetitive variable, I really don't know the "variable" here stands for what? Could anybody who know it can give me some hints?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Best,
Qian

Moneylose_For block.png
Moneylose_in total.png

David McFarlane

Apr 12, 2018, 11:13:23 AM4/12/18
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Qian,

You would get this error if the line

Dim ShowTotalMoney ...

appeared more than once within a single Procedure, even if that happens
in separate InLine objects within that Procedure.

Do the following: Generate the compiled program. Go to the Script
window and run a search for "ShowTotalMoney". Keep searching until you
see that you have more than one place where you have a Dim statement to
declare ShowTotalMoney. Then go from there.

-- David McFarlane

EchoYang

Apr 13, 2018, 9:21:30 AM4/13/18
to E-Prime
Hi David,

You are right, the problem indeed is caused by what you said. I have fix it, thanks a lot!

Best,
Qian

在 2018年4月12日星期四 UTC+2下午5:13:23,McFarlane, David写道: