EET inline script

Courtney GB

Jul 7, 2015, 1:19:56 PM7/7/15
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm trying to run a basic eye tracking experiment where the subject is shown an image until they look at it for a cumulative 15 seconds. That is, they can look at the image for a few seconds, then look away, then look at it again, and once they have accumulated 15 seconds of looking time, the experiment shows the next stimulus in the trial list. Because of the need to measure cumulative fixation time within an AOI, I cannot make use of the TET Package Call "Wait for Fixation" because that requires the subject to look for the entire time all at once, whereas I am okay if the subject looks away and then looks back at the stimulus.

I understand the steps I need to do to complete this are to create an inline script that dose the following:

1.) define the AOI as the stimulus that is drawn on the canvas
2.) use the current eye gaze location to hit test the AOI continuously
3.) somehow create a counter that begins from 0 and counts up for the duration that the subject looks at the AOI and does not count up if the subject is not looking at the AOI
4.) when the counter reaches 15 seconds, trigger the next simulus to appear and do this all over again.

In theory, this is easy....in practice (i.e. scripting), not so easy for me. I've tried to use the TETVaryingPositionAOITracking.es2 example program to model some of the scripting, but I'm stuck.

Does anyone have a piece of code they would be willing to share that does something like this? Is anyone willing to help me out with this very last piece of scripting necessary to get this experiment off the ground?

Many thanks!

Courtney

Alison H

Nov 16, 2015, 11:38:54 AM11/16/15
to E-Prime
Hi Courtney,

I am looking to do something similar to what you have described here. Have you had any luck finding a way to do this? We are trying to do accumulated (not continuous) looking for a gaze-contingent paradigm using EET. In other non eye-tracking programs we have done this using key presses (e.g. holding down a key while looking), but I haven't found a way to simulate this in E-Prime with Tobii. I'm still new to E-Prime (and programming in general), so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Alison