data display issue..

Jeunn Hao Chong

Mar 16, 2015, 3:55:14 AM3/16/15
to dygraph...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone, i am using a microcontroller (tiva Tm4c1294xl) to host a server. In my website i implement this temperature graph which is the temperature of the chip. The problem I am facing is when the plot update function is run too quickly, anomaly as shown below occurs. How do i solve this issue? i am currently using Wifi on my laptop to connect to the webserver hosted by the microcontroller (which is connected through Ethernet). There is also a frame lag issue, which i suspect is related to the transfer rate. Is there any way to solve this?

Robert Konigsberg

Mar 16, 2015, 7:10:02 AM3/16/15
to dygraphs-users
Generally when lines look like that it's because the x-axis values are going backward in the sequence of elements. For instance, a dataset like this would do it. Pay attention to the date column:

Date,x
2014/01/01,1
2014/01/02,2
2014/01/03,3
2014/01/04,4
2014/01/02,5 <-- back two days?
2014/01/05,6

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 3:55 AM, Jeunn Hao Chong <jhch...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi everyone, i am using a microcontroller (tiva Tm4c1294xl) to host a server. In my website i implement this temperature graph which is the temperature of the chip. The problem I am facing is when the plot update function is run too quickly, anomaly as shown below occurs. How do i solve this issue? i am currently using Wifi on my laptop to connect to the webserver hosted by the microcontroller (which is connected through Ethernet). There is also a frame lag issue, which i suspect is related to the transfer rate. Is there any way to solve this?

Jeunn Hao Chong

Mar 16, 2015, 7:51:59 AM3/16/15
to dygraph...@googlegroups.com
thanks konigsberg,

As for now, i am incrementing the sample by 1 after each update. How would it get a "backdated" result? My wild guess would be that a disruption in packet transfer caused this. Do you have any idea how to solve this?

Robert Konigsberg

Mar 16, 2015, 7:53:24 AM3/16/15
to dygraphs-users

Not really. It depends on what you want.