Zooming

mark goldin

Apr 10, 2015, 6:26:20 AM4/10/15
to dygraph...@googlegroups.com
I am just starting testing the product out. I am specifically looking into zooming functionality. I am playing with a very basic example where I have dates for x and temperatures for y. When I zoom a chart in I see that it comes back with x points that weren't in the original data. What if my data will have all the needed points for zooming and  a chart should only show these from data? Another words, zooming in will be going as deep as data exists? Hope, that is clear.

Thanks

Dan Vanderkam

Apr 10, 2015, 9:02:49 AM4/10/15
to dygraph...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure what you mean by "points that weren't in the original data". Are you referring to x-axis labels?

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 6:26 AM mark goldin <markz...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am just starting testing the product out. I am specifically looking into zooming functionality. I am playing with a very basic example where I have dates for x and temperatures for y. When I zoom a chart in I see that it comes back with x points that weren't in the original data. What if my data will have all the needed points for zooming and  a chart should only show these from data? Another words, zooming in will be going as deep as data exists? Hope, that is clear.

Thanks

mark goldin

Apr 10, 2015, 9:07:08 AM4/10/15
to dygraph...@googlegroups.com
I mean if I have x data for every 5 sec then zooming should not be going beyond the smallest interval.

Dan Vanderkam

Apr 10, 2015, 9:34:57 AM4/10/15
to dygraph...@googlegroups.com
I agree with you that zooming beyond the data shouldn't be possible, but there's currently no built-in logic for that (see this issue).

  - Dan