highlighted-series performance impact for the all dygraphs on any page

Jeremiah Rounds

Nov 8, 2016, 7:17:23 PM11/8/16
to dygraphs-users
Hi,

I am not sure what to say about this because development directly with Javascript is not my area.  I work with R primarily.

But here is my issue:
when I go to the dygraph gallery everything works wonderfully after a fresh restart (Mac OS), but as soon as I go to a dygraph with a large number of series forever after visiting that page until the next restart of the computer.  Until a restart, dygraphs highlight series performance is sluggish to non-existent.
For example, visiting http://dygraphs.com/gallery/#g/highlighted-series basically breaks dygraphs on my machine.

I noticed this from the R shiny bindings that once a large number of series had been plotted at once the performance of dygraph highlight went to sluggish forever thereafter until a restart.  Changing browsers doesn't seem to help.  Visiting the above page in chrome seems to cause Firefox to suffer the same sluggish series highlighting.

After the most recent restart I didn't even start R for shiny development I just went through the gallery noting everything was snappy and nice, and then I visited http://dygraphs.com/gallery/#g/highlighted-series, closed that page, and re-opened other dygraph examples, and they all have miserable series highlighting performance even when there is just two or three series on the graph.

Does this make any sense to anyone?  Has anyone seen similar or different?  Is there anything that can be done?

Jeremiah Rounds

Nov 8, 2016, 7:22:33 PM11/8/16
to dygraphs-users
Correction:
When I go to the dygraph gallery everything works wonderfully after a fresh restart (Mac OS), but as soon as I go to a dygraph with a large number of series, forever after visiting that page until the next restart of the computer, dygraphs highlight-series performance is sluggish to non-existent.

Jeremiah Rounds

Nov 9, 2016, 7:38:19 PM11/9/16
to dygraphs-users
This went away for me today, so my claims of "repeatable" are seriously in doubt =)