Time series

uweoswald

Dec 3, 2014, 6:44:31 AM12/3/14
to dygraph...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dygrapher’s,

I have data (y) on a one minute interval (x). Displaying it is no problem. But, how can I achieve a „recalculation“ with a button? I would like to have a button for example with a 5 minute average. When I click the button dygraph should combine 5 one minute interval’s y-data into one new value and refresh the chart. Is this possible and how? I have asked Google but haven’t found something which points me into the right direction.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Uwe

Robert Konigsberg

Dec 3, 2014, 10:25:18 AM12/3/14
to dygraphs-users

uweoswald

Dec 4, 2014, 2:00:28 AM12/4/14
to dygraph...@googlegroups.com
Mmmm, but this add’s another, new series in a chart. I want to manipulate my existing series but lets say combine a couple of x-(date and time)-values. And (important) would like to have possibility to switch back and forth like zooming in a chart (which is more than cool)

Frank Seipel

Aug 22, 2015, 8:05:33 PM8/22/15
to dygraphs-users
It may be a little late to this thread, but I used the linear regression example as a basis for this kind of thing: http://dygraphs.com/gallery/#g/linear-regression -- walk/loop through the data, calculate the average, plot it as new series or replace existing.  I'd use JavaScript in the browser to do it myself.  I did this for integration (totalizing flowmeters), and for averaging (draw flat line at average), as well as slope/rate of change too (nearly duplicating the example there).

I use DyGraphs industrially, I found the jQuery plugin also worked VERY well with it, because in a chemical plant there are hundreds of 'tags', e.g. 'Asphalt tank temperature TI-123', with jQuery I can allow user to type part of tag and autocomplete, sincere there are too many to select from with a single drop-down menu.  The zoom features of this package are exceptional.

If you are plotting large time series, you might want to just average during load, and then re-load only if they zoom in.  In my case, I simply used IIS to lookup the data with a simple ASP script and then it renders it in DyGraphs.