drawing missing data line differently or add annotations

Glenn Pierce

Dec 18, 2014, 5:20:26 AM12/18/14
to dygraph...@googlegroups.com
Hi I a couple of features that I am not sure how to implement or if if realistically possible.

I have plots that often contain missing data like the example

http://dygraphs.com/tests/missing-data.html

I would like instead on showing a normal line for the missing data would like to show the line dashed at that point.

What would be a way to achieve this.

I thought I could work around by placing a "missing data" annotation on the plot at those points
But you can not set annotations independent on the x axis points (issue 310).  I also need that functionality for another issue.
Would that feature be major work because if not it may be worth my time to implement that.

Any advice you be great.

Thanks

Dan Vanderkam

Jan 26, 2015, 10:35:58 AM1/26/15
to dygraph...@googlegroups.com
Dashed lines in this context are thoroughly addressed on Stack Overflow.

Glenn Pierce

Jan 26, 2015, 11:13:22 AM1/26/15
to dygraphs-users
Hmm. Thanks.

I don't supply the missing data. Although I could try to find gaps in date and fill with nulls.

I have data like

"date, value\n" +
"2012/01/1, 1\n" +
"2012/01/2, 1\n +
"2012/01/3, 1\n +
"2012/01/4, 1\n +
"2012/01/10, 1\n +
"2012/01/11, 1\n +
"2012/01/12, 1\n +

dygraphs draws the plot line from the value at "2012/01/4 to the value at 2012/01/10 and its that line I was hoping I could mark as dashed.

ie

Glenn Pierce

Jan 26, 2015, 12:53:06 PM1/26/15
to dygraphs-users

Thinking about it more its completely valid that I need to pass the null values like in the example.

Thanks