Suggestions for labeling/annotating points

Joe Wicentowski

Feb 19, 2014, 5:29:43 PM2/19/14
to dygraph...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've been using dygraphs to visualize my server logs, to help me spot unusually slow response times from my search engine and other performance trends.  I've been preparing my data as:

datetime,milliseconds
2014-02-19 10:45:10,4094
2014-02-19 10:45:11,63
2014-02-19 10:45:13,181
2014-02-19 10:45:13,706
2014-02-19 10:45:13,69
2014-02-19 10:45:13,118
2014-02-19 10:45:14,699
2014-02-19 10:45:18,35
2014-02-19 10:45:19,686
2014-02-19 10:45:19,96

And this has been working fine for me, but even more helpful would be to be able to hover over each point on the graph and see not only these two values (datetime and milliseconds) but also some additional information about the request (e.g., URL, source IP).

Can anyone suggest the best approach for labeling or annotating each point?  (My javascript skills are very rudimentary, apologies.)

Joe

Dan Vanderkam

Feb 23, 2014, 11:26:33 PM2/23/14
to dygraph...@googlegroups.com