Google chrome console memory error

JMJ09

Mar 28, 2015, 2:00:51 PM3/28/15
to dygraph...@googlegroups.com
Hi Danvk
I am not that clever to post on devs territory but you should have a glance if not already done to this behaviour with google chrome version >43.
I get no chart and this error : "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property memory of #<Console> which has only a getter"
If I comment the highlited code it solves the issue but of course I am frightened of possible side effects

 (function(con) {
  'use strict';
  var prop, method;
  var empty = {};
  var dummy = function() {};
  var properties = 'memory'.split(',');
  var methods = ('assert,clear,count,debug,dir,dirxml,error,exception,group,' +
     'groupCollapsed,groupEnd,info,log,markTimeline,profile,profiles,profileEnd,' +
     'show,table,time,timeEnd,timeline,timelineEnd,timeStamp,trace,warn').split(',');
  while (prop = properties.pop()) con[prop] = con[prop] || empty;
  while (method = methods.pop()) con[method] = con[method] || dummy;
})
(this.console = this.console

|| {}); // Using `this` for web workers.

Thanks
Jean

Dan Vanderkam

Mar 29, 2015, 5:07:22 PM3/29/15
to dygraph...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the heads up. It looks like they reverted this change, so dygraphs should be OK?

JMJ09

Mar 30, 2015, 1:39:05 AM3/30/15
to dygraph...@googlegroups.com
At the moment I am on last chrome dev build with no success : Version 43.0.2342.2 dev-m (64-bit)
I think it should take a few hours for reversion to reach the dev builds, I dont use nightly builds (courageous but not reckless)
It's ok with Firefox and IE.
I will report back for Chrome recovery.

Dan Vanderkam

Mar 30, 2015, 2:10:25 PM3/30/15
to dygraph...@googlegroups.com
I updated the console polyfill to the latest version which includes a fix for this. If you build dygraphs from head, you'll get the fix.

JMJ09

Apr 11, 2015, 10:21:02 AM4/11/15
to dygraph...@googlegroups.com
Hi, thank's danvk.
I just had an overview of chrome flavours and no more flaws on rising charts.
My dev site for those who are curious of an "amateur" use of dygraphs and D3.

JMJ09