Best Practices Around Compose and Navigation

Allen Lewis

Nov 21, 2016, 10:04:10 PM11/21/16
to DurandalJS
All,
I have some questions around the best approach for handling a navigation case.

Using the Starter kit as the baseline.(Top Navigation will elements placed in the div container).
I have a similar application using this style.
Once a user is multiple views deep inside the application I have a common LEFT Nav and Header that need to remain for the user experience.

Left Nav -> on a link it needs to only change(Route) the requested view the Right Pane of the screen.
Same with the Top Header navigation.
Currently I have the router go to our view/module for each item on the nav ,but it renders the entire view without the LEFT Nav or Header.

The Left Nav and Header is a component and hopefully I don't need to copy it each time a new View is displayed.

The desired behavior would be to have the right pane div update with the content.
I tried the compose div(partial) but this would need to be dynamic as each user has a  different nav items(Left Menu Items) which point to routes on the site but only known at runtime when a user is logged in as to what template to bind.

Any samples or examples of how to accomplish  this?

Thanks,