Integrating AngularJS in DurandalJS

Rajashree Thimmappa

Jun 19, 2015, 2:26:36 AM6/19/15
to duran...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Due a bizarre requirement in our project we are trying to do a POC to check if there are any ways or methods to add/integrate  AngularJS in DurandalJS.
Have gone through couple of documents and articles but could not find any solution.
Hence requesting , if anybody knows any info on it please update.

Regards,
Rajashree Thimmappa

Tiberiu Covaci

Jun 20, 2015, 4:32:41 AM6/20/15
to duran...@googlegroups.com
Why do they ask that? What is the use case that cannot be resolved by one framework, but can be solved by the other?

/Tibi

Rajashree Thimmappa

Jun 20, 2015, 12:37:25 PM6/20/15
to duran...@googlegroups.com

we  have some new custom built components in angularJs & the existing product is in durandal. Hence this we are thinking of Integration.

Garry Taylor

Jun 21, 2015, 7:57:20 AM6/21/15
to duran...@googlegroups.com
We tried this with our company and was successful in integrating Angular into an existing Durandal application (with some issues). This was done using Angular routing and two elements (HostCompose and ng-view).
We had to use JQuery events that hide the Durandal view when a Angular Route was found and vise-versa.

It was not possible to include Angular directly into an existing durandal View as the Angular engine never composed and the {{data}} was shown.

When using routing the router.navigate broke the browser back/forward buttons.. Never got to the bottom of this.

We abandoned this project as it was obviously more effort than the reward. To top this off Angular 2 is not (based of reviews) compatible with Angular 1.3.
We where/are going to replace all Durandal modules one by one. However we would not be possible to port/update angular 2 in this way.