Bundling/Minifying while deploying to Azure?

m b

Feb 7, 2015, 9:43:21 PM2/7/15
to duran...@googlegroups.com
SO: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28390006/deploying-bundled-minified-durandal-application-to-azure

I'm using MVC5/Durandal and wondering what the recommended approach to bundling/minifying a durandal application would be. Ive seen docs on using Weyland but will be deploying to an Azure Website and don't see how to leverage this in my .net-based deployment process. How can I go about configuring automated bundling/minification of my durandal application when deploying to Azure?

Robert Greyling

Feb 10, 2015, 10:35:14 AM2/10/15
to m b, duran...@googlegroups.com
A bit late I know, but did you find an answer to this or figure it out yet?

I've got a working setup and most of my Durandal stuff runs on Azure, so happy to help out if you need info on getting that working...

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 2:43 AM, m b <flato...@gmail.com> wrote:
SO: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28390006/deploying-bundled-minified-durandal-application-to-azure

I'm using MVC5/Durandal and wondering what the recommended approach to bundling/minifying a durandal application would be. Ive seen docs on using Weyland but will be deploying to an Azure Website and don't see how to leverage this in my .net-based deployment process. How can I go about configuring automated bundling/minification of my durandal application when deploying to Azure?

m b

Feb 10, 2015, 11:06:45 AM2/10/15
to duran...@googlegroups.com, flato...@gmail.com
Not late at all!  I'd definitely appreciate any guidance you have around this, thank you for offering.

m b

Feb 19, 2015, 4:17:08 AM2/19/15
to duran...@googlegroups.com, flato...@gmail.com
Not to pester, but would you happen to have any free cycles to share your wisdom?  ^^

Robert Greyling

Feb 20, 2015, 8:13:37 AM2/20/15
to m b, duran...@googlegroups.com
Hey m b,

Apologies for the deplay in getting back to you. Seems to be a fairly common question - so I turned it into a blog post! https://javascriptkicks.com/articles/4230

Let me know if that doesn't give you what you need.

All the best,
Rob G

m b

Mar 2, 2015, 10:59:59 PM3/2/15
to duran...@googlegroups.com, flato...@gmail.com
Thanks Rob - though I currently don't use Nancy and would prefer not to add another piece to the puzzle.  There *has* to be a more friendly / standard means of achieving a bundled and minified durandal application, right?

Robert Greyling

Mar 3, 2015, 4:24:40 AM3/3/15
to m b, duran...@googlegroups.com
If you're not using Nancy what are you using? You can do exactly the same thing with ASP.NET MVC and Razor views instead - there's practically no difference. Ping me if that's the issue.