StackOverflow

John Papa

Mar 15, 2013, 10:18:48 AM3/15/13
to duran...@googlegroups.com
StackOverflow is starting to get more and more Durandal questions. I think it would be great if the early adopters here could head over there and help answer some of the questions, since that site gets so much traffic and the questions here would be so much more visible there.

EisenbergEffect

Mar 15, 2013, 10:23:21 AM3/15/13
to duran...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the heads up John!

If you've been working with Durandal a little bit, the community would greatly benefit from anyone who can share what they've learned with those on StackOverflow. Thank you to all who can help out!

Evan Larsen

Mar 19, 2013, 7:18:36 PM3/19/13
to duran...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I didn't even think about that. I've been coming to these boards every few days to see if I can help but wow. StackOverflow has a ton of questions.  Just clicking through the first page.. most of them have been answered but I found a few I could help out with.

Durandal has really been picking up quickly.  Its really nice to see that it has a healthy community asking and answering questions on SO.

shri...@thekamaths.com

Mar 23, 2013, 2:36:26 PM3/23/13
to duran...@googlegroups.com
What would you suggest is the more appropriate place for questions related to specific 3rd party products?  For example, there is (here and on the durandal site) a reference to the issues one had with using KendoUI.

I have a similar one with DevExpress  (http://bit.ly/YyJl3d).  I'd love to help, unfortunately my skill sets are limited since I am fairly new to js, durandal, and associated technology.  Best I can do is raise simple questions,hoping someone else ran into them.

However, I find this framework really promising so am willing to be a early.. er, guinea pig.  It beats the alternative.

PS

Thanks for the Hot Spa template, it is a modest addition to the starter kit but immensely useful for starting first projects.

Rob Eisenberg

Mar 23, 2013, 4:53:34 PM3/23/13
to shri...@thekamaths.com, duran...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure what the best place is for that type of question. I'd probably ask it in several places (including here) in the hopes of running across someone who has had a similar experience.

Rob Eisenberg,
President - Blue Spire
www.durandaljs.com

shri...@thekamaths.com

Mar 25, 2013, 2:50:52 PM3/25/13
to duran...@googlegroups.com, r...@bluespire.com
Looks like DevExpress has not yet updated their stack for jQuery > 1.7.1.

From the Durandal site, jQuery 1.6.1 is all that is required.  Just want to confirm that such holds for the latest Durandal (1.2) release.

Thanks

Sanjay Patel

Oct 3, 2013, 3:30:50 AM10/3/13
to duran...@googlegroups.com, r...@bluespire.com
A feedback if it could be of help: While considering durandaljs for a project, I had my CTO producing some comparative numbers from stackoverflow. I then told him about this google groups, though.

Sanjay Patel

Nov 16, 2013, 12:11:51 AM11/16/13
to duran...@googlegroups.com
Was wondering why not just have either stackoverflow or this one. I keep getting confused over where to post my new queries. Also, people tend to judge popularity by seeing the number of posts, which is getting divided now.

Sanjay

Rainer Wittmann

Nov 16, 2013, 5:52:48 AM11/16/13
to duran...@googlegroups.com
My rule of thumb. If it's a precise technical question that can be best illustrated by posting some code -> stackoverflow. If it's a conceptual question, announcement etc.   -> google.

Rainer

BTW: Does ~ 17.000 questions tagged [angular] on SO mean that angular is popular or does it just mean that a bunch of people have a hard time figuring out how to use it?

Sanjay Patel

Nov 16, 2013, 8:35:49 AM11/16/13
to duran...@googlegroups.com
Okay. On judging popularity based on SO, I agree, but still guess that people use it for comparing popularity. For example, our CTO drew my attention towards those numbers while I was considering durandaljs.

Thanks,
Sanjay

John Bertoncelli

Apr 17, 2014, 7:39:59 AM4/17/14
to duran...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes, I found about this 2 days ago and I try.... I would say that does not solve the issue with Durandal. I think that the durandal team should look at this because in my case I am building an offline application and I need the navigation to work well without patching to overcome issues like this one. I hope that the Durandal team will look at this and provide a quick fix?

Thanks again.

Jm.