Modal Dialog opacity = 0

Tyrsius

Jul 30, 2013, 9:54:52 PM7/30/13
to duran...@googlegroups.com
After updating my project, I can't get the login modal to show up. The HTML is in the DOM, and there are no errors in the console, but the opacity for the modalHost is 0.

This is the "show" code

return app.showDialog(login).then(function(dialogResult){
        router.activate(router.navigationModel()[0].url);
 });

What am I missing?

Tyrsius

Aug 1, 2013, 6:26:45 PM8/1/13
to duran...@googlegroups.com
So it appears that the compositionComplete event is supposed to set the opacity to 1, but it never fires. I am assuming I am missing something in the setup, but I don't know what it would be.

Tyrsius

Aug 1, 2013, 6:28:55 PM8/1/13
to duran...@googlegroups.com
For the record, The Activating and Binding messages for the viewmodel are logged to the console.

Rob Eisenberg

Aug 1, 2013, 7:58:14 PM8/1/13
to Tyrsius, duran...@googlegroups.com
Can you clarify what you mean by "after updating my project" what did you update from/to ?

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 6:28 PM, Tyrsius <tyr...@gmail.com> wrote:
For the record, The Activating and Binding messages for the viewmodel are logged to the console.

Rob Eisenberg,
President - Blue Spire
www.durandaljs.com

Tyrsius

Aug 1, 2013, 8:42:27 PM8/1/13
to duran...@googlegroups.com, Tyrsius, r...@bluespire.com
Yeah, sorry. I updated from durandal 1.2 to 2.0pre

Rob Eisenberg

Aug 1, 2013, 8:45:32 PM8/1/13
to Tyrsius, duran...@googlegroups.com
The compositionComplete event isn't firing? Can you send me a repo project to have a look at please? I'd like to get this nailed down if it's an issue, since we are releasing in two weeks. If it's not an issue, then it's probably related to some info I need to add to the upgrade guide. So, it's useful to me either way.

Colm Quinn

Aug 12, 2013, 5:54:29 AM8/12/13
to duran...@googlegroups.com, Tyrsius, r...@bluespire.com
I'm having the same issue after upgrading to 2.0-pre. I'm trying to recreate in a simpler example right now that I can share online. In the meantime, here is the case I have that recreates it consistently in my app:
1. Open a page
2. Fire a window.open from a third party dll with a url understood by the router, which in turn loads a viewmodel.
3. The view model composes a page with child views. The child views activate are hit, but the compositionComplete event is not fired.
4. If I refresh the page, the event is hit correctly.

Also note, this is only happening in chrome for me. IE-10 seems to be working correctly.

Automsoft ®
Understand information – predict outcomes

EMEANorth AmericaWeb: http://www.automsoft.com
Dublin, IrelandPrinceton, NJEmail: in...@automsoft.com
Tel + 353 1 449 1100Tel +1 650 585 4338Support: sup...@automsoft.com

Process Data Historian & Optimization Solutions for:
Life Sciences / Smart Grid / Power & Utilities / Renewable Energy / Oil & Gas / Manufacturing / Maritime

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any review, dissemination, disclosure, alteration, printing, circulation or transmission of this e-mail and / or any file or attachment transmitted with it, is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail or any file or attachment transmitted with it in error please notify Automsoft and delete all copies of this e-mail from your computer system(s).

Message has been deleted

Colm Quinn

Aug 12, 2013, 7:21:13 AM8/12/13
to duran...@googlegroups.com, Tyrsius, r...@bluespire.com
So, it seems that kendo ui web controls are having an issue loading for me when the page is loaded via the window.open. If I use router.navigate, they are loaded into memory by require.js correctly.
I'm not sure if the problem relates to kendo, durandal or me. If there's any tests you'd like me to try, let me know and I'll have a look. For the moment, I'm just loading the kendo.js through a require.js define on the initial page, before a window.open occurs.

Colm

Tyrsius

Aug 12, 2013, 11:36:12 AM8/12/13
to duran...@googlegroups.com
While similar, this is a different issue. I am not using Kendo, and refreshing the page does not work.

bra...@bitway.com.au

Nov 11, 2015, 6:30:37 AM11/11/15
to DurandalJS, "r....@bluespire.com
Hi Tyrsius,

I know this is an old post, but have you ever find out what the problem is/was with this. I'm experiencing the same issue with Chrome and FF but the modal window is opened correctly in IE10.

Cheers,
brko

On Tuesday, 13 August 2013 01:36:12 UTC+10, Tyrsius wrote:
While similar, this is a different issue. I am not using Kendo, and refreshing the page does not work.

bra...@bitway.com.au

Nov 11, 2015, 6:35:10 AM11/11/15
to DurandalJS, tyr...@gmail.com, r...@bluespire.com
Hi,
I understand this is an old post, but I'm having exactly the same problem with Chrome and FF not displaying the modal window i.e the compositionComplete is never executed so the modal window remains hidden. Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
brko