scrolling screen capture issue

Ima_User

Dec 17, 2010, 12:04:00 PM12/17/10
to DuckLink Software
I'm having a scrolling screen capture issue similar to the one 'a'
reported on Oct. 2. I have tried to capture a long website in IE, FF,
& Chrome with similar results -- the software never fully captures the
image. I increased the time interval for scrolling pages to 5000ms but
that didn't resolve it. The capture starts to scroll but then pauses
and times out before finishing the capture, and then I get an error
that the content changed during scrolling. I tried changing the output
from a PNG to a JPEG and set the resolution of the JPEG to Low but I
got the same result. The site is on my intranet so I can't forward
that URL but you can duplicate the results on http://www.smashingmagazine.com.

Thanks!

Justin Time

Dec 17, 2010, 3:17:48 PM12/17/10
to DuckLink Software
Just an observer.... tried it on the sight you mention. Worked ok
Windows 7 / Google Chrome

Justin Time

Dec 17, 2010, 3:26:04 PM12/17/10
to DuckLink Software
Had another go using IE at 500 and 5000 m/seconds.... worked ok at
both settings

Ima_User

Dec 17, 2010, 6:05:07 PM12/17/10
to DuckLink Software
I just tried again from another Windows 7 box and got inconsistent
results. Smashing Magazine worked this time but my firewall log screen
failed again as I originally described (using FF 3.6.13). Since
posting this morning, I found another screen capture app that works
for this purpose but I really liked the looks of your app.