Automatic saving bugged

Wolf

Feb 18, 2011, 1:00:49 AM2/18/11
to duck...@googlegroups.com
I have the version 2.5 and I'm on Windows 7 64 bits. In the advanced options, in the tab Output File, I chose the option to save automatically all the screenshots in a certain directory with the naming option by default on, so I can take numerous screenshots at fullscreen one after the other and have them being saved automatically in the directory. But when I try to take screenshots in fullscreen mode the app is bugged and doesn't save the screenshot at all, instead I get a window giving me three options: 1) Save to clipboard, 2) Save to file, 3) Cancel.

Mason Chang

Feb 18, 2011, 1:19:31 AM2/18/11
to duck...@googlegroups.com
That's as designed. I'm also thinking if the different behavior makes confusing for users. I'll make them consistent.

Thanks,
Mason

Wolf

Feb 18, 2011, 3:00:32 PM2/18/11
to DuckLink Software
Well, if your app doesn't do something as simple as that, then I have
no use for it, I'll look elsewhere. I have some screen capture apps
who do it because well screen capture are supposed to do that (take
numerous screenshots and them being saved automatically in a certain
directory without needing the person to intervene in any way
whatsover) but those apps are old and I'm on Windows 7 64 bits and
only one works without problem, so I've been looking for something
more recent and compatible and most of all simple. Yours is a
definitive winner on more recent, compatible and simple, but...

Frankly, the only MUST options I look in a screen capture are :

- The type of screenshots (window, fullscreen)
- The ability to save automatically all screenshots in a certain
directory and them being named automatically without needing the
person to intervene in any way whatsover
- Choosing the filetype (bitmap, JPG and PNG) and the quality of the
image

You get 2 on 3.

And the worse is that you present an option making us believe that we
can indeed save automatically files in a directory yet it's actually
impossible to do it, might as well get rid of it and stop fooling
people about it or actually implement it for REAL.