DuckCapture: Error when trying to share to min.us

Peter van Westen

Feb 10, 2012, 4:37:19 AM2/10/12
to duck...@googlegroups.com
Since a few weeks I can no longer share images to min.us.
When I click on the share button, DuckCapture kinda hangs and in the background a popup error dialog appears:
---------------------------
Network Error
Error found during the processing of the request, ID:202
---------------------------

I reinstalled v2.7 but still same problem.
(Win7)

Mason Chang

Feb 14, 2012, 4:21:29 AM2/14/12
to duck...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

this feature has been removed from DuckCapture. Minus Desktop Tool, the official tool from minus.com, has already integrated screen capture, and can upload to your account, so you can manage it after uploading. DuckCapture just uploads it as anonymous user.

Thanks,
Mason

Peter van Westen

Feb 15, 2012, 1:58:54 AM2/15/12
to duck...@googlegroups.com
Don't think you understand my issue.

DuckCapture does NOT upload the image at all. Not as anonymous user. When I click on the 'Share' button in DuckCapture it returns an error. So no uploading.
This is a BUG in DuckCapture.

Are you suggesting I ignore the bug and not use DuckCapture at all?

Mason Chang

Feb 15, 2012, 2:07:33 AM2/15/12
to duck...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

This feature will no longer be maintained anymore, and it has been removed from 2.7. You still have the button because you have ever installed 2.6, if you didn't uninstall 2.6 but installed 2.7 directly, then those files will not be removed by 2.7, even you uninstall 2.7, and you'll see the button because uploading to minus is implemented as a plugin to DuckCapture, DuckCapture 2.7 find it and automatically loaded this plugin. But I cannot guarantee that it works in future. If you installed 2.7 on a clean machine, the button will not be there.

So my suggestion is, just leave it as is. If you do need this feature, you can install Minus Desktop Tool.

HTH,
Mason

Peter van Westen

Feb 16, 2012, 3:59:04 AM2/16/12
to duck...@googlegroups.com
Well, whichever way you want to explain it, it is still a bug.

Anyway, not being able to share captures is reason enough to say goodbye to DuckCapture... Uninstall.
Message has been deleted