Autosave Options / Variables

Ronin

Sep 16, 2011, 12:02:17 AM9/16/11
to duck...@googlegroups.com
I would like to use the auto save option in the Screen Capture software but to make the file unique instead of using a time stamp use a simple counter.  For example start counter with 001 file name is Snap-001...Snap-002...etc.  If you remove the variables it saves over the file and doesn't put a number on the file the way windows does if you create a file in a folder with the same name.  Is there a way to say a letter is letter and not a variable for example if you want files to begin with Snap-Test it interprets the lowercase s as seconds.

I would also like for the product to simply save the file if autosave is turned on and not bring up the preview screen.  So if i push Alt-PrtScrn and select the window is saves the file in the folder using the format defined and goes on.  When documenting software installations is is nice to be able to capture the screen (with the mouse pointer in position) have it save the file and leave you to press the next option and get the next screen shot.

Is there a manual for Screen Capture that answers these questions?

Thanks in advance.

Mason Chang

Oct 14, 2011, 11:41:30 PM10/14/11
to duck...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ron,

I've got this request from your ticket, and will make the automatic counter as the default naming method in next release.

Thanks a lot for your great idea!

Thanks,
Mason