[Dspace-tech] error in mvn package

Jose Blanco

Aug 26, 2015, 9:38:02 AM8/26/15
to Dspace-Tech
I just tried 'mvn package' and am getting this error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.2-beta-1:attached (default) on project dspace-lni-client: Failed to create assembly: Error adding file-set for 'javax.activation:activation:jar:1.1' to archive: /tmp/archived-file-set.721246988.tmp isn't a directory. -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
[ERROR]
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :dspace-lni-client

Any ideas?
Jose

Tim Donohue

Aug 26, 2015, 9:38:07 AM8/26/15
to Jose Blanco, Dspace-Tech
Hi Jose,

Can you re-run Maven with the "-e" flag (as it mentions in the error
message that you pasted below)? Sometimes that gives more information
as to the underlying error message.

So, you'd want to run:

mvn -e package

Also, what directory are you running 'mvn package' from? Are you
running it from [dspace-src]? or [dspace-src]/dspace/?

- Tim
> Live Security Virtual Conference

Jose Blanco

Aug 26, 2015, 9:38:09 AM8/26/15
to Tim Donohue, Dspace-Tech
I've been running it from the same dir since working with 1.8.2 - [dspace-src].  I saw this happening late on Friday, and thought some one was doing something to the repository and that it would be fixed today, but not the case.  Here are more details:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.2-beta-1:attached (default) on project dspace-lni-client: Failed to create assembly: Error adding file-set for 'javax.activation:activation:jar:1.1' to archive: /tmp/archived-file-set.1701910094.tmp isn't a directory. -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.2-beta-1:attached (default) on project dspace-lni-client: Failed to create assembly: Error adding file-set for 'javax.activation:activation:jar:1.1' to archive: /tmp/archived-file-set.1701910094.tmp isn't a directory.
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:203)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:148)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:140)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:316)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:153)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Failed to create assembly: Error adding file-set for 'javax.activation:activation:jar:1.1' to archive: /tmp/archived-file-set.1701910094.tmp isn't a directory.
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.mojos.AbstractAssemblyMojo.execute(AbstractAssemblyMojo.java:302)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:107)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:195)
        ... 19 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.archive.ArchiveCreationException: Error adding file-set for 'javax.activation:activation:jar:1.1' to archive: /tmp/archived-file-set.1701910094.tmp isn't a directory.
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.archive.task.AddArtifactTask.execute(AddArtifactTask.java:87)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.archive.task.AddDependencySetsTask.addDependencySet(AddDependencySetsTask.java:140)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.archive.task.AddDependencySetsTask.execute(AddDependencySetsTask.java:90)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.archive.phase.DependencySetAssemblyPhase.execute(DependencySetAssemblyPhase.java:54)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.archive.DefaultAssemblyArchiver.createArchive(DefaultAssemblyArchiver.java:98)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.mojos.AbstractAssemblyMojo.execute(AbstractAssemblyMojo.java:278)
        ... 21 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.ArchiverException: /tmp/archived-file-set.1701910094.tmp isn't a directory.
        at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.AbstractArchiver.addDirectory(AbstractArchiver.java:154)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.AbstractArchiver.addArchivedFileSet(AbstractArchiver.java:336)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.archive.task.AddArtifactTask.execute(AddArtifactTask.java:83)
        ... 26 more
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
[ERROR]
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :dspace-lni-client

Tim Donohue

Aug 26, 2015, 9:38:10 AM8/26/15
to Jose Blanco, Dspace-Tech
Hi Jose,

I'm not sure what is going on, other than it seems to be having
difficulty writing to your /tmp directory path...hence the error:

"Failed to create assembly: Error adding file-set for
'javax.activation:activation:jar:1.1' to archive:
/tmp/archived-file-set.1701910094.tmp isn't a directory."

Have you tried doing a 'mvn clean package'? The 'clean' should clean
out any cached stuff in Maven. You also could check your '/tmp"
directory to see what exists in there, and see if the above
'archived-file-set.1701910094.tmp' exists or not. (If that temp
file/directory exists, you may want to delete it to see if that helps.)

At a glance, it looks as though it's something odd on your machine
(which is why I wonder if a 'mvn clean' will help). I don't think this
is being caused by the DSpace code itself.

If anyone else has seen this before, let us know. This is a new error
message to me, so I'm just going by my gut feeling here.

- Tim
> <mailto:DSpac...@lists.sourceforge.net>

> Live Security Virtual Conference
> threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond.
> Discussions
> will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in
> malware

Jose Blanco

Aug 26, 2015, 9:38:12 AM8/26/15
to Tim Donohue, Dspace-Tech
Same error with clean. I'm going to ask sys admin if anything has changed in /tmp permission wise.  Strange all the other packages make it but this one fails:

[INFO] DSpace LNI :: CLI Client Application .............. FAILURE [1.692s]

    Live Security Virtual Conference
    threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond.
    Discussions
    will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in
    malware

Jose Blanco

Aug 26, 2015, 9:38:13 AM8/26/15
to Tim Donohue, Dspace-Tech
some how /tmp got messed up.  Sys admin has fixed it and all works as expected.  Thanks you for helping me out with this!
Jose