[Dspace-tech] dspace-discovery missing from GIT clone of V3.0rc2

Kevin Gunn

Aug 26, 2015, 9:58:49 AM8/26/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi,

I have just cloned DSpace tag 3.0rc1 to test and can’t get the build to happen. It’s failing on the dspace-api build on test cases. Specifically that the defaultConfiguration class used in the spring configuration is missing. I then noticed that I didn’t have a dspace-discovery module anymore, as compared to V1.8.2, and it doesn’t seem to be declared as a dependency anymore.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to startup the DSpace Service Manager: failure starting up spring service manager: Error creating bean with name 'org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoveryConfigurationService' defined in file [C:\_work\GitHub\DSpace\dspace-api\target\classes\spring\spring-dspace-addon-discovery-configuration-services.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'defaultConfiguration' while setting bean property 'map' with key [TypedStringValue: value [default], target type [null]]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'defaultConfiguration' defined in file [C:\_work\GitHub\DSpace\dspace-api\target\classes\spring\spring-dspace-addon-discovery-configuration-services.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.ConversionNotSupportedException: Failed to convert property value of type 'java.util.ArrayList' to required type 'java.util.List' for property 'sidebarFacets'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot convert value of type [org.dspace.discovery.configuration.SidebarFacetConfiguration] to required type [org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoverySearchFilterFacet] for property 'sidebarFacets[0]': no matching editors or conversion strategy found

                at org.dspace.servicemanager.DSpaceServiceManager.startup(DSpaceServiceManager.java:224)

I’m new to GIT and GITHUB so maybe I did something wrong on the clone/checkout from github?? Should I be seeing the dspace-discovery module in a tag 3.0rc2 checkout?

Using Intellij and its GIT/GITHUB plug-in, but just browsing GITHUB doesn’t show dspace-discovery either.

Cheers

Kevin

The information contained within this transmission is for the
use of the intended recipient only and may contain confidential
and/or legally privileged material and/or material the subject
of copyright and/or personal information and/or sensitive
information that is subject to the Privacy Act 1988. Any review,
re-transmission, disclosure, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited. If you have received this email in error please
notify the AIMS Privacy Officer on (07) 4753 4444 and delete
all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.

Kevin Gunn

Aug 26, 2015, 9:58:50 AM8/26/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi,

Upon further investigation I can see this class is now in dspace-api. Still not sure why the test failed out of the box. Does anyone else experience this test case failure on maven package of the dspace-api?

Cheers

Kevin

Pottinger, Hardy J.

Aug 26, 2015, 9:58:51 AM8/26/15
to Kevin Gunn, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi, Kevin, RC1 has a number of issues, a few of them testing issues, we've been working on them. Since you're using Git, you may want to look at the master branch, as it has a number of bug fixes, and will form the basis of RC2, if/when we release one.

--Hardy

Sent from my iPad

Kevin Gunn

Aug 26, 2015, 9:58:52 AM8/26/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi,

I resolved by not using Intellij GitHub plug-in to do the clone, but instead used the Windows GitHub client.

The problem was in the spring configuration where members of the bean DiscoveryConfiguration were previously SideBarFacetConfiguration typed but now use DiscoverySearchFilterFacet. Is this an issue? The issue still appears the spring config file but seems to build anyway, haven’t tracked it down any further.

Apologies for the redundant emails.

emilio lorenzo

Aug 26, 2015, 10:02:09 AM8/26/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net, K.G...@aims.gov.au, Potti...@missouri.edu
Hi, yes, we´re experiencing the same error.  Interesting enough with the same package  ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/dspace/files/DSpace%20Release%20Candidate/3.0-rc1/dspace-3.0-rc1-src-release.tar.gz/)   we got two compilations,  with AND without errors, in different virtual machines (one cloned from another).

Do we wait for rc2? what is your recommendation?

Thanks
Emilio
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Everyone hates slow websites. So do we. Make your web apps faster with AppDynamics Download AppDynamics Lite for free today: http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_sfd2d_oct

helix84

Aug 26, 2015, 10:02:10 AM8/26/15
to emilio lorenzo, dspace-tech, K.G...@aims.gov.au, Potti...@missouri.edu

Hi, there already has been rc2 meanwhile and some commits since that. I recommend giving thee master branch a try:
https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace

There's even a button that will give you a zip file of the latest code if you prefer that before Git.

Thank you for testing the latest code and reporting issues, much appreciated!

Tim Donohue

Aug 26, 2015, 10:02:10 AM8/26/15
to emilio lorenzo, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net, K.G...@aims.gov.au, Potti...@missouri.edu
Emilio,

RC2 is already available at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dspace/files/DSpace%20Release%20Candidate/3.0-rc2/

- Tim

On 10/31/2012 12:06 PM, emilio lorenzo wrote:
> Hi, yes, we´re experiencing the same error. Interesting enough with the
> same package (
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/dspace/files/DSpace%20Release%20Candidate/3.0-rc1/dspace-3.0-rc1-src-release.tar.gz/)
> we got two compilations, with AND without errors, in different virtual
> machines (one cloned from another).
>
> Do we wait for rc2? what is your recommendation?
>
> Thanks
> Emilio
>

> El 22/10/2012 5:43, Kevin Gunn escribió:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Upon further investigation I can see this class is now in dspace-api.
>> Still not sure why the test failed out of the box. Does anyone else
>> experience this test case failure on maven package of the dspace-api?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Kevin

helix84

Aug 26, 2015, 10:02:15 AM8/26/15
to dspace-tech
Forwarding to the list, too.

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 10:23 PM, emilio lorenzo <elor...@arvo.es> wrote:
> I had no luck with mvn package from SVN v3.0rc2 nor
> dspace-3.0-rc2-8-g9205de1 (git + zip extraction)
>
> In any case, I could run mvn package against dspace-3.0-rc2-8-g9205de1
> (git) a first time Without errors, in a clean installation, BUT any
> subsequent compiles produce the aforementioned error.
>

> only org.dspace.content.authority.DSpaceControlledVocabularyTest and
> org.dspace.statistics.util.TestLocationUtils passed without errors
>
> The error is always related with
> 'org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoveryConfigurationService'
>
> Running org.dspace.content.MetadataSchemaTest
> Failed to startup the DSpace Service Manager: failure starting up spring
> service manager: Error creating bean with name
> 'org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoveryConfigurationService' defined
> in file
> [/home/dspace/dspace-3.0-rc2-src-release/dspace-api/target/classes/spring/spring-dspace-addon-discovery-configuration-services.xml]:
> Cannot resolve reference to bean 'defaultConfiguration' while setting bean
> property 'map' with key [TypedStringValue: value [default], target type
> [null]]; nested exception is
> with name 'defaultConfiguration' defined in file
> [/home/dspace/dspace-3.0-rc2-src-release/dspace-api/target/classes/spring/spring-dspace-addon-discovery-configuration-services.xml]:
> Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
> org.springframework.beans.ConversionNotSupportedException: Failed to convert
> property value of type 'java.util.ArrayList' to required type
> 'java.util.List' for property 'sidebarFacets'; nested exception is
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot convert value of type
> [org.dspace.discovery.configuration.SidebarFacetConfiguration] to required
> type [org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoverySearchFilterFacet] for
> property 'sidebarFacets[0]': no matching editors or conversion strategy
> found
>

> Emilio

helix84

Aug 26, 2015, 10:02:24 AM8/26/15