[Dspace-tech] filter-media : Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream

1 view

Yin Latt

Aug 24, 2015, 4:22:42 PM8/24/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net, Leonie Hayes

Hi,

We have a problem in filter-media in our dspace for particular item
only.

And found the link to upgrade PDFBox.jar .
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=18359568

But it is not solve our problem as our dspace version is 1.4.1 and
PDFBox.jar already in 0.7.3.

Hope anyone can help us on this issue.

Regards,
YinYin

=======
Applying Media Filters
ERROR filtering, skipping bitstream #47 java.io.EOFException: Unexpected
end of ZLIB input stream
java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream
at
java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.fill(InflaterInputStream.java:216)
at
java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(InflaterInputStream.java:134)
at org.pdfbox.filter.FlateFilter.decode(FlateFilter.java:97)
at org.pdfbox.cos.COSStream.doDecode(COSStream.java:290)
at org.pdfbox.cos.COSStream.doDecode(COSStream.java:235)
at
org.pdfbox.cos.COSStream.getUnfilteredStream(COSStream.java:170)
at
org.pdfbox.pdfparser.PDFStreamParser.<init>(PDFStreamParser.java:101)
at org.pdfbox.cos.COSStream.getStreamTokens(COSStream.java:132)
at
org.pdfbox.util.PDFStreamEngine.processSubStream(PDFStreamEngine.java:20
2)
at
org.pdfbox.util.PDFStreamEngine.processStream(PDFStreamEngine.java:174)
at
org.pdfbox.util.PDFTextStripper.processPage(PDFTextStripper.java:336)
at
org.pdfbox.util.PDFTextStripper.processPages(PDFTextStripper.java:259)
at
org.pdfbox.util.PDFTextStripper.writeText(PDFTextStripper.java:216)
at
org.pdfbox.util.PDFTextStripper.getText(PDFTextStripper.java:149)
at
org.dspace.app.mediafilter.PDFFilter.getDestinationStream(PDFFilter.java
:110)
at
org.dspace.app.mediafilter.MediaFilter.processBitstream(MediaFilter.java
:155)
at
org.dspace.app.mediafilter.MediaFilterManager.filterBitstream(MediaFilte
rManager.java:327)
at
org.dspace.app.mediafilter.MediaFilterManager.filterItem(MediaFilterMana
ger.java:296)
at
org.dspace.app.mediafilter.MediaFilterManager.applyFiltersItem(MediaFilt
erManager.java:266)
ERROR filtering, skipping bitstream #48 java.io.EOFException: Unexpected
end of ZLIB input stream ....

Stuart Lewis [sdl]

Aug 24, 2015, 4:22:59 PM8/24/15
to Yin Latt, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net, Leonie Hayes
Hi YinYin,

This sounds like a problem with PDFBox either not coping with your file,
or the file being corrupt in some way (although PDFBox should fail
gracefully).

You will probably be best off asking the PDFBox community for assistance
- they might be able to trace the problem for you. See:
http://www.pdfbox.org/

Looking through the PDFBox changelog, it seems they have already had to
correct a few problems with ZLIB input streams.

Thanks,

Stuart

Datblygydd Cymwysiadau'r We Web Applications Developer
Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth Information Services
Prifysgol Cymru Aberystwyth University of Wales Aberystwyth

E-bost / E-mail: Stuart...@aber.ac.uk
Ffon / Tel: (01970) 622860