[Dspace-tech] This absolute uri (http://www.dspace.org/dspace-tags.tld) cannot be (..)

Christoffer Walther

Aug 21, 2015, 4:57:12 PM8/21/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hello all,

I get this error after installing dspace on debian with the following packages

tomcat4 4.0.3-3woody1 Java Servlet 2.3 engine with JSP 1.2 support
tomcat4-webapp 4.0.3-3woody1 Java Servlet engine -- documentation and exa
libtomcat4-jav 4.0.3-3woody1 Java Servlet engine -- core libraries
j2re1.3 1.3.1.02b-2 Blackdown Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, St
j2sdk1.3 1.3.1.02b-2 Blackdown Java(TM) 2 SDK, Standard Edition
j2se-common 1.1 Common facilities for all Java2 Standard Edi
java-common 0.14 Base of all Java packages

"This absolute uri (http://www.dspace.org/dspace-tags.tld) cannot be resolved in either web.xml
or the jar
files deployed with this application"

I be grateful for any suggestions or references to documents describing this error and
how to correct it.

Radek Zajkowski

Aug 21, 2015, 4:57:13 PM8/21/15
to Christoffer Walther, Dspace by MIT
check if your configuration file, where it asks you for d-spaces URL, you
did indicate the port number. Tomcat runs on port 8080 by default. For
local use it would likely say something like:

http://localhost:8080/dspace

Make those chnges and recompile.

Tansley, Robert

Aug 21, 2015, 4:57:14 PM8/21/15
to Christoffer Walther, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net

It sounds like the DSpace webapp hasn't been fully installed. I'll assume
you've installed DSpace in /dspace. Towards the bottom of
/dspace/jsp/WEB-INF/web.xml you should see:

<!-- DSpace JSP Tag Library -->
<taglib>
<taglib-uri>http://www.dspace.org/dspace-tags.tld</taglib-uri>
<taglib-location>/WEB-INF/dspace-tags.tld</taglib-location>
</taglib>

This is where the URI is resolved. Tomcat should be able to find this as
the file /dspace/jsp/WEB-INF/dspace-tags.tld, which should contain the
custom JSP tag definitions.

If one or more of the above is missing, something's gone wrong during the
installation. Where are you getting this error? Is it appearing in
Tomcat's logs, or on an error page when you try and access the DSpace home
page?

Robert Tansley / Hewlett-Packard Laboratories / +44 (0)117 312 9116

Christoffer Walther

Aug 21, 2015, 4:57:15 PM8/21/15
to Tansley, Robert, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Robert

I get this error when I try connect to http://my-dspace-host:8180

I do not use the apache webapp module, but instead the tomcat http container
running per default on port 8180.

I have a good web.xml and dspace-tags.tld, nothing goes wrong in the install, I think.

This is from my dspace.cfg

--
##### Basic information ######

# DSpace installation directory
dspace.dir = /dspace

# DSpace base URL
dspace.url = http://localhost:8180

# DSpace host name - should match base URL
dspace.hostname = dspace.cvt.dk

# Name of the site
dspace.name = DSpace at CVT

--

I should note that I am completely new to the technology of xml, tomcat and dspace,
and simply tried to follow the dspace operations documentation.

This is the complete error :

Apache Tomcat/4.0.3 - HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error

type Exception report

message Internal Server Error

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error) that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: This absolute uri (http://www.dspace.org/dspace-tags.tld)
cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:194)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:174)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.processTaglibDirective(JspParseEventListener.java:1162)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspParseEventListener.java:758)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(DelegatingListener.java:121)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Parser.java:255)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1145)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1103)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1099)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:213)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:210)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:552)
at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.java:177)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:189)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:382)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:474)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.access$0(ApplicationFilterChain.java:197)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain$1.run(ApplicationFilterChain.java:176)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:172)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:243)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:190)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2343)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:170)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:1012)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1107)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Christoffer

> > "This absolute uri (http://www.dspace.org/dspace-tags.tld)
> > cannot be resolved in either web.xml
> > or the jar
> > files deployed with this application"

Tansley, Robert

Aug 21, 2015, 4:57:16 PM8/21/15
to Christoffer Walther, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Your configuration etc all look OK. It's tricky for me to diagnose. How
about you tar up your DSpace installation and somehow send it to me? e.g.
just type 'tar czf dspace-cvt.tar.gz /dspace' and put dspace-cvt.tar.gz
somewhere I can get at it (it's probably a bit large to e-mail.) Then I'll
have a look through it, and see if I can suggest anything.

Robert Tansley / Hewlett-Packard Laboratories / +44 (0)117 312 9116

Nick Fischio

Aug 21, 2015, 4:57:17 PM8/21/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
While we were trying to install DSpace, we noticed there is no httpd.conf
file associated with DSpace. According to your documentation, we need to
include this file in the main httpd.conf file in the Apache root.
Is this a mistake in your documentation, or is the file not needed to run
with Apache?

Thanks,
Nick

Tansley, Robert

Aug 21, 2015, 4:57:20 PM8/21/15
to Nick Fischio, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
The Apache configuration file segment for DSpace is initially stored as:

/dspace/config/templates/apache13.conf

Running /dspace/bin/install-templates fills out the values in that file, and
stores it in a file called /dspace/config/httpd.conf. It's that file you
should include in the main Apache httpd.conf.

It's called "apache13.conf", since the configuration file for Apache 2.0
will be different and called "apache20.conf" to distinguish it.

See the section "Configuration Files for Other Applications" in the
"Operation" section of the DSpace documentation, hopefully that should help.