dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 21, 2015, 4:57:39 PM8/21/15
OK...

> When I try to resolved https://tech-team-help.cwru.edu/handle/1763/3 I see
> "select * from handle where handle = '1763/3' " in the PostgreSQL logfile.
> This SQL statement does bring back a row and I'm successfully redirected
> the document stored in the dspace database.

So it sounds like there are two possible causes: The Handle server doesn't
know it should be resolving 1763/ Handles, or it's not using DSpace's
implementation of the storage interface. In either of these cases, it seems
likely that the Handle server configuration is the issue.

Check the "config.dct" file in the Handle server directory
(/dspace/handle-server by default) and check that these lines are there:

"storage_type" = "CUSTOM"
"storage_class" = "org.dspace.handle.HandlePlugin"

This makes the Handle server ask DSpace about what Handles should resolve
to. The config should also specify the prefix that the server is responding
to. Relevant lines should read something like:
"300:0.NA/1763"

I've attached MIT's Handle server config.dct for you to compare. Does this
help?

Robert Tansley / Hewlett-Packard Laboratories / (+1) 617 551 7624

------_=_NextPart_000_01C2C0F2.E785A7F0

{
"hdl_http_config" = {
"num_threads" = "15"
"backlog" = "5"
"bind_address" = "18.92.0.139"
"log_accesses" = "yes"
"bind_port" = "8000"
}

"server_type" = "server"
"hdl_tcp_config" = {
"num_threads" = "15"
"backlog" = "5"
"bind_address" = "18.92.0.139"
"log_accesses" = "yes"
"bind_port" = "2641"
}

"interfaces" = (
"hdl_udp"
"hdl_tcp"
"hdl_http"
)

"hdl_udp_config" = {
"num_threads" = "15"
"bind_address" = "18.92.0.139"
"log_accesses" = "yes"
"bind_port" = "2641"
}

"server_config" = {
"server_admins" = (
"300:0.NA/1721.1"
)

"replication_admins" = (
"300:0.NA/1721.1"
)

"max_session_time" = "86400000"
"max_auth_time" = "60000"
"case_sensitive" = "no"
"this_server_id" = "1"
"backup_admins" = (
"300:0.NA/1721.1"
)

"storage_type" = "CUSTOM"
"storage_class" = "org.dspace.handle.HandlePlugin"
}

"no_udp_resolution" = "n"
}

------_=_NextPart_000_01C2C0F2.E785A7F0--

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 21, 2015, 5:03:09 PM8/21/15
In any case, registration tokens no longer expire in DSpace 1.1 (due out sometime this week) so this won't be a problem after you upgrade.

Robert Tansley / Hewlett-Packard Laboratories / (+1) 617 551 7624

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 21, 2015, 5:03:17 PM8/21/15
JDBC drivers converting Java Timestamps to SQL TIMESTAMPS. It's probably =
worth checking that the postgresql.jar you have is the right version for =
the PostgreSQL you are running. The one distributed with 1.0.1 was for =
PostgreSQL 7.2.

--__--__--

Message: 9
From: "Tansley, Robert" <robert....@hp.com>
To: "Mark O'Neil" <Mark.A...@Dartmouth.EDU>,
dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net=20
Subject: RE: [Dspace-tech] Class not found on tomcat startup
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 10:35:58 -0700=20

Hello,

I think there's a small error in your Tomcat conf/server.xml:
> <Context path=3D"/dspace" docBase=3D"dspace" debug=3D"9" reloadable=3D"tr=
ue">
> <Logger=20
> className=3D"org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger" =20
> prefix=3D"dspace_log." suffix=3D".txt" timestamp=3D"true"=20
> allowLinking=3D"true" =20
> />
> </Context>
> <Context path=3D"/dspace-oai" docBase=3D"dspace-oai" debug=3D"9"=
=20
> reloadable=3D"true">
> <Logger=20
> className=3D"org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger" =20
> prefix=3D"dspace-oai_log." suffix=3D".txt" timestamp =3D"true" =20
> allowLinking=3D"true" />
> </Context>

allowLinking=3D"true" should be an attribute of the Context, not the =
Logger, i.e.:

<Context path=3D"/dspace" docBase=3D"dspace" debug=3D"9" reloadable=3D"true=
"
allowLinking=3D"true">
<Logger=20
className=3D"org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger" =20
prefix=3D"dspace_log." suffix=3D".txt" timestamp=3D"true"=20
/>
</Context>

And the same for dspace-oai.

Robert Tansley / Hewlett-Packard Laboratories / (+1) 617 551 7624

--__--__--

Message: 10
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 13:34:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: Thomas McLaughlin <Thomas.Vince...@drexel.edu>
To: dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net=20
Subject: [Dspace-tech] help

Greetings

We installed DSpace at Drexel University's Hagerty Library. We are
having an issue with large .pdf and large power point files. They
download and open at a very slow rate on our server. We purchased a new
Dell Poweredge 4600 server to run DSpace on and I wanted to know if you
have any suggestions regarding the configuration of DSpace that may be
causing this issue.

Sincerely,

Tom McLaughlin
tv...@drexel.edu=20
(215)895-1344

End of DSpace-tech Digest

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 21, 2015, 5:03:33 PM8/21/15

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 21, 2015, 5:06:55 PM8/21/15
! bad user (dspace) Sat Jun 14 01:00:00 2003
> CMD: /usr/local/dspace/bin/sub-daily
> dspace 2100 c Sat Jun 14 01:00:00 2003
< dspace 2100 c Sat Jun 14 01:00:00 2003 rc=1
CMD: /usr/local/dspace/bin/sub-daily

The dspace user crontab:
# This line process the nightly DSpace Subscriptions
0 1 * * * /usr/local/dspace/bin/sub-daily

Permissions of the sub-daily program:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 dspace dspace 2123 Jun 4 09:51 sub-daily

Once upon a time I was able to run the sub-daily manually and it would work,
but the last few times I have tried it I received the feedback below. (and
yes, I made sure there were new items in the collection).

Running sub-daily as root:
# sub-daily
sub-daily: not found

Running sub-daily as dspace user:
$ sub-daily
sub-daily: not found

Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong here? The help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Daryl

*********************************
Daryl LaBello
Educational Technologist
Embry-Riddle University
600 South Clyde Morris Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900
voice (386) 226-7681
fax (386) 226-6611
e-mail labe...@erau.edu
*********************************

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 21, 2015, 5:06:57 PM8/21/15

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 21, 2015, 5:07:18 PM8/21/15

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 21, 2015, 5:07:26 PM8/21/15
calling the Handle API method

org.dspace.handle.HandlePlugin.getRawHandleValues()

which in turn is calling

org.dspace.handle.HandleManager.resolveToURL()

the code (lines 95-96) that generates the handle builds it this way:

String url = ConfigurationManager.getProperty("dspace.url") +
"/handle/" + handle;

In my dspace.cfg file, I set the "dspace.url" property to:

dspace.url = http://dspace.library.wisc.edu/dspace/

I'm guessing I could fix the problem by removing the trailing slash
on this config parameter, but I'm not sure if that would break other
URLs (i.e. the internal links seem to resolve without a problem).

Is this me misconfiguring the software, or should the code in
HandleManager.resolveToURL() be patched to quietly "fix" the extra
slash?

Thanks,

-mgs

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 21, 2015, 5:09:39 PM8/21/15
tackle the related problem of community hierarchy first, but I don't
know how that would bear on your needs for sub-collections - we invite
your input when we put out a call for comment on the community part...

Regards,

Richard Rodgers
DSpace Federation Systems Manager

On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 15:30, Devin Reade wrote:
> After perusing the mailing list archive and bug database, I'm wondering
> what kind of movement has been made on increasing the depth of the
> collections hierarchy (see feature request 637124).
>
> Has this been accepted by the developers as a serious issue? If so,
> how large of an architecture change is it? Is there any guess at an
> order-of-magnitude estimate of the amount of work involved? Is such
> a change localized to the dspace implementation, or would it affect
> the cross-product protcols and data definitions on which dspace is
> based?
>
> I agree with the submitter of 637124 that without such an expanded
> hierarchy the usability of dspace in large collections is limited.
> (I'd be looking for at least eight levels, although architecturally
> this should be a much larger number.) Note that the actual number
> of levels in use should be completely dynamic -- some portions of the
> tree might have two levels, some might have ten.
> --
> Devin Reade <g...@gno.org>

> http://aspnet.click-url.com/go/psa00100003ave/direct;at.aspnet_072303_01/01

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 24, 2015, 12:10:53 PM8/24/15
> Any intellectual property that may exist in a DOI-AP is the property
> of the IDF. The IDF will license the use of that DOI-AP to any DOI
> Registration Agency without charge. However, in recognition of the
> costs involved in developing a DOI-AP and the applications which the
> DOI-AP enables, the IDF may consider a negotiated period of
> exclusivity for a Registration Agency, before others are licensed to
> use any particular DOI-AP.

I.E. - if you want functional access to DOI managed objects, you'll only
get it via a DOI owned interface.

If this is where things are headed, please be up front about it. I
really don't want to stuff a repository full of data, only to find out
that I need to pay a licensing fee to obtain full use of later versions
of the repository software.

As for scaleability, the URL/URI/URN system is proven. If the handle
system scales so well, why has the CNRI suddenly become reticent to host
handles for people's dspace installations? I really see no correlation
between the size of an organization and the quality of their software.
Often quite the opposite. Can you point to a very large distributed
deployment of the handle system that demonstrates its scaleability?

> 2) Why do Handles get resolved to Item pages and not directly to PDFs
> etc?
>
> We could, in the case of items that have just one bitstream (say a
> PDF), have the Handle direct the user straight to the PDF. However,
> PDF is rather a 'dead end', in that the user can't then easily
> navigate to the metadata (which may have information about newer
> revisions of the document) or the rest of the DSpace site.

Incidentally, this also makes it difficult to describe these same items
using any system other than dspace. There may in fact be other metadata
systems other than dspace which might like to point to an item. And of
course web pages. Dspace's metadata schema has a particular purpose.
There may be other schemas for other purposes.

Sorry for raising an eyebrow, but I'd really like to know if there are
any agendas here which are not being publicly discussed. I don't mean
to sound unappreciative. You guys have done a lot of very nice work.
Dspace is really shaping up nicely. It is for that reason that many of
us are looking at it so closely. But as I'm sure you know, unasked
questions can bite you in the a__ later.

--
Ron Peterson -o)
Network & Systems Manager /\\

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 24, 2015, 12:11:39 PM8/24/15
range of helpful holiday info here.

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 24, 2015, 12:13:04 PM8/24/15
medium. However, the industry remains beset with excess inventory, followi=
ng unsustainable demand in the late 1990's. A reduction in spots and/or lo=
wer prices could limit near term growth, yet support long term growth, giv=
ing investors something to chase.

TV is about to enter the growth phase of its two year cycle, but its low g=
rowth, single revenue stream is likely the main target for local cable TV =
and should also be impacted by increased DVR penetration, which gives the =
firm little to get excited about.

IMPORTANT CORPORATE MILESTONES

Oct. 2003
Receives 6.14 Million Dollar Purchase Order For 45,000 Flat Antennas

Sept. 2003
Purchases Patent for Key Operating Mechanism of DBS Flat Antenna

Sept. 2003
Completes Development of Flat Antenna

May. 2002
Canada DBS (Star Choice) two horn LNB P/O for (USD 450,000)

Feb. 2002
Canada DBS (Star Choice) two horn LNB P/O for (USD 675,000)

Dec. 2001
Canada DBS (Star Choice) two horn LNB P/O for (USD 75,000)

Sept. 2001
Canada DBS (Star Choice) two horn LNB P/O for (USD 1,200,000)

July 2001
Patent application for LNB design and pattern

May 2001
Purchase order of Canadian BS (two horn LNB)

April 2001
Establishment of MB Tech, Inc.

Jan. 2001
Canada DBS two horn LNB successful field test

Sept. 2000
SBCA (Satellite Broadcasting & Communications Association) Membership Cer=
tificate

Aug. 2000
Development of 3 types of LNB (CAN TYPE); application of patent of new de=
vice and patent of new design (app# 00-22512,22513, 22514)

July 2000
SBCA (USA); DBS field test in S. Africa; DBS field test in Australia

May 2000
DBS field test in Thailand; Media Cast (London); DBS field test in Russia=

April 2000
Application for patent of new device and patent of new design, patent app=
# 10-2000-0017958

March 2000
Development of 3 types of LNB (DSS type)

Please note that MBTT had absolutley nothing to do with this report and is=
not a participant in any way.

No more advertisements: www.precscription-service-now.com/away.html

Stock Market Today is an independent research firm. This report is based o=
n Stock Market Today's independent analysis but also relies on information=
supplied by sources believed to be reliable. This report may not be the o=
pinion of MBTT management. Stock Market Today has also been retained to re=
search and issue reports on MBTT. Stock Market Today may from time to time=
purchase or sell MBTT common shares in the open market without notice. Th=
e information contained in this report shall not constitute, an offer to s=
ell or solicitation of any offer to purchase any security. It is intended =
for information only. Some statements may contain so-called "forward-looki=
ng statements". Many factors could cause actual results to differ. Investo=
rs should consult with their Investment Advisor concerning MBTT. Copyright=
2003 =A9 Stock Market Today Ltd. All Rights Reserved. This newsletter was=
distributed by SCI. SCI was paid two hundred twenty thousand shares MBTT =
stock to distribute this report. SCI is not affiiated with Stock Market To=
day and is not responsible for newsletter content. gnrtlgqcomvq
hlkyn
ru h ynvtqfoob byvlhvn dtwy
cslnzdoevvsyzo
rfhrmgzb
qwxbi
jcvzq

--3A2C9.D8CB9F88.BF_9.EE--

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 24, 2015, 12:13:10 PM8/24/15
day and is not responsible for newsletter content. iuioo szsqx wxulnhscwgf ifaxvyqrstikv jc
ikha

--0EFDC.BE9.8469B7.7B3DAF.--

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 24, 2015, 12:16:35 PM8/24/15
this year.
(Al)Fred

(Al)Fred Heller
CVT: Center for VidenTeknologi Center of Knowledge Technology
DTV: Danmarks Tekniske VidenCenter Technical Knowledge Center of Denmark
DTU: Danmarks Tekniske Universitet Technical University of Denmark
Bygn. 101, DTU Build. 101, DTU
Anker Engelundsvej 1
DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby
Tel. dir.: +45 4525 7349
*************************************************>

> Hi,
>
> Is there any new information on the release date for version 1.2?
>
> Thanks
> Keith

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 24, 2015, 12:16:52 PM8/24/15
Robert Tansley / DSpace Technical Lead / Hewlett-Packard Laboratories

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 24, 2015, 12:17:34 PM8/24/15
feature as requested would likely require changes to the basic architecture
of DSpace. To quote a previous posting in this list by Robert Tansley: "The
intention in DSpace is that if a file is important enough to have its own
Dublin Core metadata record, it should really be an item by itself."

I have therefore suggested alternative approaches such as appending some
HTML to the end of the document itself that would contain the index terms
with links to the section heading anchors. Alternatively, this could be in
a separate file that is submitted along with the main document.

Has anyone else struggled with this or a similar index/search issue? I'd
appreciate your sharing whatever approaches you have implemented or plan to
implement. Thank You.

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 24, 2015, 12:17:57 PM8/24/15
root@dspace:/usr/local/postgresql-7.4.2# ERROR: update or delete on
"community" violates foreign key constraint "<unnamed>" on
"community2community"
DETAIL: Key (community_id)=(6) is still referenced from table
"community2community".

Thank you for solving this problem before the release of 1.2 .... later we
will be able to solve the problem ourselfs, but we are not there yet...
(Al)Fred

(Al)Fred Heller
CVT: Center for VidenTeknologi Center of Knowledge Technology DTV:
Danmarks Tekniske VidenCenter Technical Knowledge Center of Denmark DTU:
Danmarks Tekniske Universitet Technical University of Denmark Bygn. 101,
DTU Build. 101, DTU Anker Engelundsvej 1DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 24, 2015, 12:19:54 PM8/24/15
directory contains tools related to item mapping with
various collection but I couldn't find any user
interface to invoke itemmap-main.jsp, itemmap-info.jsp
and itempmap-browse.jsp. When I tried to directly
invoke itemmap-main.jsp directly it gives me internal
server error with null pointer with following log
message. I believe that is because it doesn't know
which item to start with. How to get this working?

Thank you,
Aakash.

2004-04-29 07:17:50,646 WARN
org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.InternalErrorServlet @
:session_id=7C2B63C8E9F689BF0F7FDA0D25A86AD2:internal_error:--
URL Was:
http://wmlsuse1.rit.edu:8080/dspace/tools/itemmap
-- Method: GET
-- Parameters were:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.admin.ItemMapServlet.doDSPost(ItemMapServlet.java:116)
at
org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.admin.ItemMapServlet.doDSGet(ItemMapServlet.java:81)
at
org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.DSpaceServlet.processRequest(DSpaceServlet.java:157)
at
org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.DSpaceServlet.doGet(DSpaceServlet.java:102)
at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:743)
at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:284)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:204)
at
org.dspace.app.webui.filter.RegisteredOnlyFilter.doFilter(RegisteredOnlyFilter.java:105)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:233)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:204)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:257)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:151)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:567)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:245)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:199)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:151)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:567)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:184)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:151)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:164)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:149)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:567)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:156)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:151)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:567)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:972)
at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:206)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:833)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:732)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:619)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:688)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
age.

=====
Aakash Chauhan
Graduate Student,
Computer Science Department, RIT,
Rochester, NY 14623.
http://www.rit.edu/~adc0467
adc...@rit.edu
(585) 530 7127

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 24, 2015, 12:22:46 PM8/24/15
installation-authoring solution that does it all. Learn more and

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 24, 2015, 12:23:15 PM8/24/15

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 24, 2015, 2:15:26 PM8/24/15
want to run DSpace on port 80 or leave it on port 8080? By default,
you should be able to start tomcat with the DSpace war files in the
webapps directory without modifying any DSpace conf files. You would
access your server by http://youname.edu:8080/dspace/ .

If you would like DSpace to run from port 80 and access it via
http://yourname.edu please refer to the Tomcat section of Richard
Jones' documentation,
http://www.thesesalive.ac.uk/archive/ERAInstallation.pdf .

Cody

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 11:43:32 -0400, Christine Warren
<cwa...@library.uwi.tt> wrote:
> We are presently setting up Tomcat 5.0.19 to work as a stand alone server
> with DSpace 1.2. We need to know which xml files on the Catalina/local....
> path need to be edited and what to include in them.
>
> Thanks
> Christine Warren

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 24, 2015, 2:25:51 PM8/24/15
to be a need for balance. The pursuit of de-coupled architecture has
led to huge architectures able to perform any feat necessary even though
it is not needed. This has led to huge software costs and plans for
future functionality that usually never comes. While all this planning
has been made, the market has passed. In response to these over-verbose
architectures you tend to see a push back against this over engineering
(extreme programming and agile software). I think a good balance is
necessary. I would think if you are offering a service that can
function independently then it should be in a different database. If
the two services rely on each other and cannot survive on their own then
you are removing functional cohesiveness by separating them. I would
also assume the core DSpace team will be developing a functionally
cohesive software product. =20

>> This functionality is great, but I=27m not sure I understand what
this
>> has to do with storing DSpace data in a database. I would think
storing
>> data in the database and extracting it for the systems that need
the
>> data would be able to provide these services you mention. =20

>yes, you can do it that way. but your architecture does not have clean

>separations. and that is poor software engineering - or any kind of=20
>engineering for that matter.

I=27m not sure of your point here. How does XML solve this problem?=20
The XML will need to be customized to DSpace needs. At some point the
data must be specific to your given system. It is not feasible to hold
the information that would be applicable to every system DSpace talks
to. Usually in the software engineering world the adapter pattern is
used to cleanly separate system and allow them to communicate with each
other. The XML must still be understood and agreed upon by the
communicating systems otherwise it provides no benefit. =20

I think we are discussing two separate issues as I agree with your
points. If I am correct you are focusing more on independent services
communicating and interoperating where I am more concerned with services
that are part of the base system and have no functional use as a
standalone service.

My greatest concern is saying that XML is a technology that will solve
our problems when all it really is, is tags around a textual piece of
information. It provides no real functionality it is the programs that
use it that must do all the work.=20

Thanks again for all the comments,

-Nate =20

Nathan Sarr
University of Rochester=20
Digital Initiatives Unit

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 24, 2015, 2:27:47 PM8/24/15
The display is controlled in the org.dspace.app.webui.jsptag.ItemTag.java
class. There is a renderDefault function which builds the tags which
would be displayed by default, you would need to change the code inorder to
display additional fields.

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, karthikeyan wrote:

> Dear all,
> I require some guidelines for adding additional fields to 'default'
> metadata seen by "DC Field"
> For example: for 'electronic thesis collections' :
> as implemented in:
> http://mspace.lib.umanitoba.ca/dspace/handle/1993/107?mode=full
>
> contributor.supervisor
> contributed.examiningcommitee
> degree.level
> description.note
>
> etc.,
>
> By default:
> http://dspace.ncl.res.in/dspace/handle/2048/4?mode=full
>
> Your early response on this request is appreciated. Additionally please
> advice, whether we can upgrade the exiting 'default' datafields
> with this modifications, especially through 'step-by-step' approach
> or ' a web-resource ' of instructions.
>
> regards
>
> --
> Dr. M. Karthikeyan
> Scientist
> Digital Information Resource Center (DIRC)
> National Chemical Laboratory
> NCL Post, Pune - 411 008. India
>
> Ph: +91-20-25893400 extn. 2483
> -25893457 Extn. 23
>
> FAX: + 91-202-5893973
> http://www.ncl-india.org/
> e-mail: karth...@yahoo.com;
> kar...@ems.ncl.res.in

> A global provider of Threat Management Solutions.
> Download our HomeAdmin security software for free today!
> http://www.demarc.com/info/Sentarus/hamr30

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 24, 2015, 2:27:48 PM8/24/15
Scott.

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:50:41 -0500
From: Jason Simms <jsi...@utk.edu>
To: dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Dspace-tech] Groups of Groups

Hello all,

Forgive me if this question has been addressed already (I seem to remember
some *very* initial discussion of this and similar items several months ago).
One thing I would certainly find exceptionally useful is if access groups
could contain other groups as "members." Could someone tell me what the
status is on this feature, if indeed any progress has happened at all?
Thanks!

Jason Simms

--__--__--

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 24, 2015, 2:28:03 PM8/24/15
updated against the latest version. If this is done it will probably =
make it into the 1.3 release

Scott.

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 24, 2015, 2:56:52 PM8/24/15

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; integration perspective, it would be a much smoother =
approach to

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; the required metadata using OAI rather than pulling it out =
directly

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; the backend, which would mean surpassing the business =
logic.

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; would just be a read-only operation on the backend, it =
still

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; strongly coupled system as far as system integration goes. =

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; looked at Dspace code base yet &amp; want to know if OAI =
approach

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; option [provided that we come up with a local QDC =

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; MacKenzie - I would definitely look forward to see how =
support for

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, MacKenzie Smith =

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; &gt; &gt;I suspect there might be more than one issue =

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; &gt; Well yes, in general, but my comments were only about =
the

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; &gt; issues... other descriptive metadata standards than =
simple DC...

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; &gt; in the fortunate position of knowing exactly who the

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; &gt; will be, since it's one of our own departments, and so =
we can

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; &gt; richer schema (qDC or MODS) via OAI. The kind of

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; &gt; that Rob brought would be much tricker, and isn't =
really

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; &gt; To be honest, no ones harvesting our OAI metadata =
except for

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; &gt; and OAIster except our own selves, for simple internal

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; &gt; needs (which also applies to Rob's China Museum =
project, I

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; &gt; I'll keep it simple for now and go with providing one =
other

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; &gt; set for local users, probably =

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; &gt; Cambridge, MA<span style=3D'mso-spacerun:yes'>&nbsp;

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; &gt; =
Migration

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; &gt; from IBM. Find simple to follow Roadmaps, =
straightforward

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; &gt; informative Webcasts and more! Get everything you need =
to get

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; &gt; speed, fast.
http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=3D7477&amp;alloc_id=3D16492&amp;op=3Dclick</sp=
an></font></p>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; &gt; =

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; &gt; =
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/dspace-tech</span></font></p=

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; =

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; from IBM. Find simple to follow Roadmaps, straightforward

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; informative Webcasts and more! Get everything you need to =
get up

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; speed, fast.
http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=3D7477&amp;alloc_id=3D16492&amp;op=3Dclick</sp=
an></font></p>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; =

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; =
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/dspace-tech</span></font></p=

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>&gt; Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.9.2/53 - Release =
Date:

style=3D'font-size:

<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>--<BR>
No virus found in this outgoing message.<BR>
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.<BR>
20/07/2005<BR>
</FONT> </P>

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C58DEF.B4B2BD00--

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 24, 2015, 3:03:12 PM8/24/15
Java compiler (GCJ) installed. This caused me nothing but problems, so
I removed all traces and stuck with the Sun Java installation.
=20
Have a look at "Are there any tips on running DSpace on Redhat/Fedora
Core Linux?" on the DSpace tech FAQ: http://wiki.dspace.org/TechnicalFaq

________________________________

Aug 24, 2015, 3:03:12 PM8/24/15
main function in Subscribe.java, since that is where the logging stops. But
I have no idea how to solve it. Does anyone have a clue?

Thank you

Malin

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 24, 2015, 3:10:40 PM8/24/15

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 24, 2015, 3:10:57 PM8/24/15

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 24, 2015, 3:27:14 PM8/24/15
work. With the 'dsrun' command we created a new handle server. The
sitebndl.zip file was sent to CNRI. But still the handle server did not
work. Now I found in the handle-plugin.log the following comment:
2005-10-06 13:00:16,068 INFO org.dspace.handle.HandlePlugin @ Called init
(not implemented)
2005-10-06 13:00:16,076 INFO org.dspace.handle.HandlePlugin @ Called
scanNAs (not implemented)

Can somebody help with this problem?

Marc Goovaerts

Bibliotheek Universiteit Hasselt
Hasselt University Library
Agoralaan, Gebouw D
3590 Diepenbeek

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 24, 2015, 3:33:16 PM8/24/15
course you will want to use / as you public URL.

=20

Don't forget to change your Apache rewrite rule to point to your / =
Tomcat server.

=20

Bye bye !

=20

_____ =20

De : dspace-t...@lists.sourceforge.net =
[mailto:dspace-t...@lists.sourceforge.net] De la part de Gary =
Browne
Envoy=E9 : 18 d=E9cembre 2005 17:26
=C0 : dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Objet : Re: [Dspace-tech] Moving /dspace to the document root

=20

Hi Carl

I am not using SSL but am using mod_jk to proxy tomcat through apache.

The way i do it is i still deploy the dspace applications under =
jakarta/webapps/dspace but set the context to "" (root) in =
jakarta-tomcat/conf/server.xml as follows:

<Context path=3D"" docBase=3D"dspace" debug=3D"0"></Context>

It's a bit clunky as you need to set the path to "dspace" each time you =
want to rebuild and redeploy, but works nevertheless (ie: our instance =
of dspace is now accessed via http://ses.library.usyd.edu.au =
<http://ses.library.usyd.edu.au/> rather than =
http://ses.library.usyd.edu.au/dspace - although this will work as =
well!).

Hope this helps
Gary

At 08:24 AM 17/12/2005, you wrote:

Here's the setup:

Dspace running on Tomcat on port 8080.

Mod_jk proxying tomcat through apache/ssl.

Typing " http://123.456.789.10/dspace <http://123.456.789.10/dspace> " =
in the browser address bar allows
access to dspace.

I have the following mod_rewrite entry:

RewriteRule ^(.*) https://151.112.129.82/dspace/

This is ok, but it would be better if I could move /dspace to the web
server root.

Is there anyway of doing this?

Thanks,

Carl

Gary Browne
Development Programmer
Library IT Services
University of Sydney
Australia
ph: 61-2-9351 5946=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C604AF.DEB62B0A

<head>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<!--[if !mso]>
v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
<![endif]-->
<!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
{font-family:Wingdings;
panose-1:5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;}
@font-face
{font-family:"Charlotte Small Caps";
panose-1:0 0 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;}
@font-face
{font-family:Tahoma;
panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
{margin:0cm;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}
h1
{margin-top:12.0pt;
margin-right:0cm;
margin-bottom:3.0pt;
margin-left:0cm;
text-align:center;
page-break-after:avoid;
font-size:16.0pt;
font-family:"Charlotte Small Caps";
font-weight:bold;
text-decoration:underline;}
h2
{margin-top:12.0pt;
margin-right:0cm;
margin-bottom:3.0pt;
margin-left:0cm;
page-break-after:avoid;
font-size:14.0pt;
font-family:"Charlotte Small Caps";
font-weight:normal;
font-style:italic;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
{color:blue;
text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
{color:blue;
text-decoration:underline;}
{mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
margin-right:0cm;
mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
margin-left:0cm;
font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}
span.EmailStyle18
{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
font-family:Arial;
color:navy;}
@page Section1
{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt;}
div.Section1
{page:Section1;}
/* List Definitions */
@list l0
{mso-list-id:984239247;
mso-list-type:hybrid;
mso-list-template-ids:1108393874 -1341756792 202113027 202113029 =
202113025 202113027 202113029 202113025 202113027 202113029;}
@list l0:level1
{mso-level-start-at:0;
mso-level-number-format:bullet;
mso-level-text:-;
mso-level-tab-stop:36.0pt;
mso-level-number-position:left;
text-indent:-18.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
ol
{margin-bottom:0cm;}
ul
{margin-bottom:0cm;}
-->
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>

lang=3DFR

lang=3DFR

lang=3DFR

lang=3DFR
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>An easy of doing what you want is to soft =
link =AB&nbsp;Root&nbsp;=BB
to dspace in the Webapps folder of Tomcat. =A0This is how to do =

lang=3DFR

style=3D'margin-left:36.0pt;text-indent:-18.0pt;mso-list:l0 level1 =
lfo1'><![if !supportLists]><font
size=3D3 face=3D"Times New Roman"><span lang=3DFR =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'><span
style=3D'mso-list:Ignore'>-<font size=3D1 face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font:7.0pt "Times New =
Roman"'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Tomcat<o:p></o:p></span></p>

style=3D'margin-left:36.0pt;text-indent:-18.0pt;mso-list:l0 level1 =
lfo1'><![if !supportLists]><font
size=3D3 face=3D"Times New Roman"><span lang=3DFR =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'><span
style=3D'mso-list:Ignore'>-<font size=3D1 face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font:7.0pt "Times New =
Roman"'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
your
tomcat/webapps folder<o:p></o:p></span></p>

style=3D'margin-left:36.0pt;text-indent:-18.0pt;mso-list:l0 level1 =
lfo1'><![if !supportLists]><font
size=3D3 face=3D"Times New Roman"><span lang=3DFR =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'><span
style=3D'mso-list:Ignore'>-<font size=3D1 face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font:7.0pt "Times New =
Roman"'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
ROOT.ORIG
(or whatever you want)<o:p></o:p></span></p>

style=3D'margin-left:36.0pt;text-indent:-18.0pt;mso-list:l0 level1 =
lfo1'><![if !supportLists]><font
size=3D3 face=3D"Times New Roman"><span lang=3DFR =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'><span
style=3D'mso-list:Ignore'>-<font size=3D1 face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font:7.0pt "Times New =
Roman"'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
dspace
ROOT<o:p></o:p></span></p>

lang=3DFR

lang=3DFR
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>From that point Tomcat server will serve =
dspace at /
and /dspace.=A0 Of course you will want to use / as you public =

lang=3DFR

lang=3DFR
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>Don&#8217;t forget to change your Apache =
rewrite rule

lang=3DFR

lang=3DFR

lang=3DFR

size=3D3
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span lang=3DFR style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>

<hr size=3D2 width=3D"100%" align=3Dcenter tabindex=3D-1>

style=3D'font-size:
ont
size=3D2 face=3DTahoma><span lang=3DFR =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'>
dspace-t...@lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:dspace-t...@lists.sourceforge.net] <b><span =
style=3D'font-weight:
d=E9cembre 2005
17:26<br>
dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net<br>
[Dspace-tech]
Moving /dspace to the document root</span></font><span =
lang=3DFR><o:p></o:p></span></p>

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:
12.0pt'>Hi Carl<br>
I am not using SSL but am using mod_jk to proxy tomcat through =
apache.<br>
The way i do it is i still deploy the dspace applications under
jakarta/webapps/dspace but set the context to &quot;&quot; (root) in
jakarta-tomcat/conf/server.xml as follows:<br>
&lt;Context path=3D&quot;&quot; docBase=3D&quot;dspace&quot;
debug=3D&quot;0&quot;&gt;&lt;/Context&gt;<br>
It's a bit clunky as you need to set the path to &quot;dspace&quot; each =
time
you want to rebuild and redeploy, but works nevertheless (ie: our =
instance of
dspace is now accessed via <a href=3D"http://ses.library.usyd.edu.au/"
eudora=3Dautourl>http://ses.library.usyd.edu.au</a> rather than
http://ses.library.usyd.edu.au/dspace - although this will work as =
well!).<br>
Hope this helps<br>
Gary<br>
At 08:24 AM 17/12/2005, you wrote:<br>

style=3D'font-size:
12.0pt'>Here's the setup:<br>
Dspace running on Tomcat on port 8080.<br>
Mod_jk proxying tomcat through apache/ssl.<br>
Typing &quot;<a href=3D"http://123.456.789.10/dspace" eudora=3Dautourl>
http://123.456.789.10/dspace</a>&quot; in the browser address bar =
allows<br>
access to dspace.<br>
I have the following mod_rewrite entry:<br>
RewriteRule ^(.*) <a href=3D"https://151.112.129.82/dspace/" =
eudora=3Dautourl>https://151.112.129.82/dspace/</a><br>
This is ok, but it would be better if I could move /dspace to the =
web<br>
server root.<br>
Is there anyway of doing this?<br>
Thanks,<br>
Carl<br>
files<br>
for problems?&nbsp; Stop!&nbsp; Download the new AJAX search engine that =
makes<br>
searching your log files as easy as surfing the&nbsp; web.&nbsp; =
DOWNLOAD
SPLUNK!<br>
eudora=3Dautourl>http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idv37&amp;alloc_id865&amp;op=CCk=
</a><br>

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'><br>
Development Programmer<br>
Library IT Services<br>
University of Sydney<br>
Australia<br>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C604AF.DEB62B0A--

dspace...@duraspace.org

Aug 24, 2015, 3:36:57 PM8/24/15
update handle set handle=overlay(handle placing '<your new prefix>' from 1 for 9) where handle like '123456789%';

So in your case let's say your CNRI prefix is 1922:

update handle set handle=overlay(handle placing '1922' from 1 for 9) where handle like '123456789%';

I use this from time to time when I'm mixing and corrupting different handle prefixes on my development (non-CNRI registered) box.

Scott.

Message: 2
From: "Satya Ranjan Sahu" <sa...@nio.org>
To: "DSpace" <dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 17:39:43 +0530
Subject: [Dspace-tech] How to replace the default handle prefix with new one

------=_NextPart_000_011A_01C62C0D.7AE78CB0

Dear Members,
Recently we got the handle prefix to our DSpace installation from CNRI
Handle site. As per the documentation I changed the new handle prefix with
the old one in dspace.cfg and run install-config and started handle server.
But still the old default handle prefix (123456789) is coming for my
communities and collections created before getting the handle prefix from
CNRI.
I feel the old handle prefix is coming from database. If so, "How to
replace the old handle prefix with new one in database?"

Thanking you
With regards
Satya

Satya Ranjan Sahu
National Information Centre for Marine Sciences
National Institute of Oceanography
Dona Paula, Goa - 403 004
Phone: 0832-2450370 (O)