[Dspace-tech] Error stat-general

Vezina Marie-Helene

Aug 24, 2015, 4:11:23 PM8/24/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi,

I get an error when trying to run stat-general (or stat-initial, or stat-monthly) for my Dspace 1.3.2 instance:

Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "s" at character 186

   at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:131)
   at org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.ExecSQL(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:505)
   at org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc1Statement.java:320)
   at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:48)
   at org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc1Statement.java:153)
   at org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc1Statement.java:141)
   at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingStatement.java:205)
   at org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.query(DatabaseManager.java:163)
   at org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.querySingle(DatabaseManager.java:227)
   at org.dspace.app.statistics.LogAnalyser.getNumItems(LogAnalyser.java:1227)
   at org.dspace.app.statistics.LogAnalyser.processLogs(LogAnalyser.java:532)
   at org.dspace.app.statistics.LogAnalyser.main(LogAnalyser.java:324)
Any clues about what to search for?

Thank you,

Marie-Helene Vezina
Librarian, Université de Montreal

Jonathan Champ

Aug 24, 2015, 4:11:34 PM8/24/15
to Vezina Marie-Helene, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
On 9/22/06, Vezina Marie-Helene <marie-hel...@umontreal.ca> wrote:
> Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: parser: parse
> error at or near "s" at character 186
>
> at
> org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:131)
> at
> org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.ExecSQL(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:505)
> at
> org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc1Statement.java:320)
> at
> org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:48)
> at
> org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc1Statement.java:153)
> at
> org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc1Statement.java:141)
> at
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingStatement.java:205)
> at
> org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.query(DatabaseManager.java:163)
> at
> org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.querySingle(DatabaseManager.java:227)
> at
> org.dspace.app.statistics.LogAnalyser.getNumItems(LogAnalyser.java:1227)

Not sure where the "s" is coming from, but "jdbc1" worries me. Are you
sure that you are using JDBC2 or JDBC3? I'm not sure if JDBC1 even
works...

The query itself is being passed to an executed method in
org.dspace.app.statistics.LogAnalyser on line 1227. If you turn on
DEBUG logging, the DatabaseManager method query will log the query
being executed, which might give you more information.

Jonathan

Vezina Marie-Helene

Aug 24, 2015, 4:12:04 PM8/24/15
to Jonathan Champ, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Thank you Jonathan for your help.

I found the source of the problem:

One of our document type, in dstat.cfg, is set to item.type="Master's thesis"; the apostrophe did trigger the problem. I'm not sure how to escape it properly though... I have tried "Master''s thesis" and "Master\'s thesis", and I could then run the stats scripts without problems but the espace character is now diplayed in the statistics results page...

Marie-Hélène Vézina
Bibliothécaire · Projets de bibliothèque numérique
Direction des bibliothèques, Université de Montréal