Re: [Dspace-tech] SWORDMETSIngester error

Tim Donohue

Aug 25, 2015, 5:05:30 PM8/25/15
to Ingram, William A, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Bill,

It looks like the issue here is that, by default, DSpace's SWORD
settings expect all METS files to include EPDCX (Eprints DC XML) ,
which is the SWORD recommended metadata format, or straight DC. By
default, it doesn't expect DIM format.

So, in the SWORD settings in dspace.cfg, you'll see:

# Define the metadata type EPDCX (EPrints DC XML)
# to be handled by the SWORD crosswalk configuration
#
mets.submission.crosswalk.EPDCX = SWORD

The error is happening because SWORD is unaware of your existing "DIM"
crosswalk (as it only uses crosswalks defined via
'mets.submission.crosswalk.[mdtype]' configs). So, it is complaining
that there is no configuration for:

mets.submission.crosswalk.DIM = DIM

(NOTE: This above config may look a bit odd. But, the *first* DIM
corresponds to the MDTYPE attribute specified in your METS.xml file.
So, what this setting is actually saying is: If you encounter an
"MDTYPE=DIM" or "OTHERMDTYPE=DIM" attribute in a METS file, use the
DSpace crosswalk named "DIM" to process that metadata.)

So, it is the above setting that the METSManifest.getCrosswalk() method
is complaining is missing. See the source code
at:https://fisheye3.atlassian.com/browse/dspace/dspace/tags/dspace-1.5.2/dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/content/packager/METSManifest.java?hb=true#to727

I think if you added the above 'mets.submission.crosswalk.DIM' setting
this may work (admittedly, I haven't tried it though).

- Tim

On Thursday, September 08, 2011 10:48:13 AM, Ingram, William A wrote:
> [...]
>
> Thanks,
> Bill
>

> // --- stacktrace ---
>
> 2011-09-07 20:04:19,662 ERROR org.dspace.sword.SWORDMETSIngester @ caught exception:
> org.dspace.content.crosswalk.MetadataValidationException: Cannot process METS Manifest: No crosswalk found for MDTYPE=DIM
> at org.dspace.content.packager.METSManifest.crosswalkItem(METSManifest.java:796)
> at org.dspace.content.packager.DSpaceMETSIngester.chooseItemDmd(DSpaceMETSIngester.java:174)
> at org.dspace.content.packager.AbstractMETSIngester.ingest(AbstractMETSIngester.java:390)
> at org.dspace.sword.SWORDMETSIngester.ingest(SWORDMETSIngester.java:115)
> at org.dspace.sword.CollectionDepositor.doDeposit(CollectionDepositor.java:179)
> at org.dspace.sword.DepositManager.deposit(DepositManager.java:173)
> at org.dspace.sword.DSpaceSWORDServer.doDeposit(DSpaceSWORDServer.java:153)
> at org.purl.sword.server.DepositServlet.doPost(DepositServlet.java:336)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
>
> // --- dspace.cfg ---
>
> # Crosswalk Plugins:
> plugin.named.org.dspace.content.crosswalk.IngestionCrosswalk = \
> org.dspace.content.crosswalk.DIMIngestionCrosswalk = DIM \
> org.dspace.content.crosswalk.DIMIngestionCrosswalk = dim \
> org.dspace.content.crosswalk.OAIDCIngestionCrosswalk = DC \
> org.dspace.content.crosswalk.OAIDCIngestionCrosswalk = dc \
> org.dspace.content.crosswalk.OAIDCIngestionCrosswalk = OAI_DC \
> org.dspace.content.crosswalk.OAIDCIngestionCrosswalk = oai_dc \
> org.dspace.content.crosswalk.QDCCrosswalk = QDC \
> org.dspace.content.crosswalk.QDCCrosswalk = qdc \
> org.dspace.content.crosswalk.PREMISCrosswalk = PREMIS \
> org.dspace.content.crosswalk.OREIngestionCrosswalk = ORE \
> org.dspace.content.crosswalk.OREIngestionCrosswalk = ore \
> org.dspace.content.crosswalk.NullIngestionCrosswalk = NIL \
> org.dspace.content.crosswalk.NullIngestionCrosswalk = nil
>
> plugin.selfnamed.org.dspace.content.crosswalk.IngestionCrosswalk = \
> org.dspace.content.crosswalk.XSLTIngestionCrosswalk
>
> mets.submission.crosswalk.DIM = DIM
> sword.accept-packaging.METSDSpaceSIP.identifier = http://purl.org/net/sword-types/METSDSpaceSIP
> sword.accept-packaging.METSDSpaceSIP.q = 1.0
>
> # A comma separated list of MIME types that SWORD will accept
> sword.accepts = application/zip
>

> --
> Bill Ingram
> Research Programmer
> Scholarly Communication and Repository Services

> Doing More with Less: The Next Generation Virtual Desktop
> What are the key obstacles that have prevented many mid-market businesses
> from deploying virtual desktops? How do next-generation virtual desktops
> provide companies an easier-to-deploy, easier-to-manage and more affordable

Ingram, William A

Aug 25, 2015, 5:16:07 PM8/25/15
to Robin Taylor, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Thanks to both of you. I apologize for taking so long to following up. The university spam filter is a bit overzealous.

Bill

On Sep 16, 2011, at 3:05 PM, "Robin Taylor" <robin....@ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> As Tim says, the METS package appears to have its metadata coded as DIM.
> DSpace 1.5.2 didn't have a crosswalk to ingest DIM. This was added in
> either 1.6 or 1.7. You need to either recreate your package to use a
> format that DSpace 1.5 can understand (Mods or EPDCX), or copy the DIM
> crosswalk from a later version of DSpace and update you dspace.cfg to
> include the DIM crosswalk.
>
> Cheers, Robin.
>> Why Cloud-Based Security and Archiving Make Sense
>> Osterman Research conducted this study that outlines how and why cloud
>> computing security and archiving is rapidly being adopted across the IT
>> space for its ease of implementation, lower cost, and increased
>> reliability. Learn more. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfnl/114/51425301/

Robin Taylor

Aug 25, 2015, 5:16:13 PM8/25/15
to Tim Donohue, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net

On Fri, 2011-09-09 at 19:02 +0100, Tim Donohue wrote:
> Why Cloud-Based Security and Archiving Make Sense
> Osterman Research conducted this study that outlines how and why cloud
> computing security and archiving is rapidly being adopted across the IT
> space for its ease of implementation, lower cost, and increased
> reliability. Learn more. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfnl/114/51425301/

Mark Diggory

Aug 25, 2015, 5:16:19 PM8/25/15
to Ingram, William A, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Bill, did you see Tim's post in the thread?

Mark

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Ingram, William A <wing...@illinois.edu> wrote:
Hi all,

I posted this last week, but got no response. Does anyone here know anything about METSManifest.crosswalkItem? See below.

Thanks.
BlackBerry&reg; mobile platform with sessions, labs & more.
See new tools and technologies. Register for BlackBerry&reg; DevCon today!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/rim-devcon-copy1

Mark R. Diggory
@mire - www.atmire.com
2888 Loker Avenue East - Suite 305 - Carlsbad - CA - 92010
Esperantolaan 4 - Heverlee 3001 - Belgium

Ying Jin

Aug 25, 2015, 5:20:45 PM8/25/15
to dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net Tech
Hi,

We are working on upgrading dspace from 1.5.2 to 1.7.1. The process
was very smooth while I worked on my workstation. However, when I
tried to move it to our testing server, I got following error message
when Importing dspace logs to solr index.

Processing file: /server/data/dspace/logs/statlogs/dspace.log.2009-11-09
Exception: Invalid version or the data in not in 'javabin' format
java.lang.RuntimeException: Invalid version or the data in not in
'javabin' format
at
org.apache.solr.common.util.JavaBinCodec.unmarshal(JavaBinCodec.java:99)
at
org
.apache
.solr
.client
.solrj
.impl.BinaryResponseParser.processResponse(BinaryResponseParser.java:39)
at
org
.apache
.solr
.client
.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:
477)
at
org
.apache
.solr
.client
.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:
244)
at
org
.apache
.solr
.client
.solrj
.request.AbstractUpdateRequest.process(AbstractUpdateRequest.java:105)
at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.add(SolrServer.java:64)
at
org
.dspace
.statistics.util.StatisticsImporter.load(StatisticsImporter.java:354)
at
org
.dspace
.statistics.util.StatisticsImporter.main(StatisticsImporter.java:494)
at
sun
.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:
39)
at
sun
.reflect
.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:
25)
at org.dspace.app.launcher.ScriptLauncher.main(ScriptLauncher.java:183)

We are running it on Mac OS.

Thanks for any help,
Ying

Ingram, William A