[Dspace-tech] Exception when running dsrun

pavan krishnamurthy

Aug 24, 2015, 5:29:32 PM8/24/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi all,
I was trying to migrate from eprints to dspace . One of the steps says to ingest dspace simple archive for which we need to run dsrun.

I got little confused what should i use for map , and i searched the dspace directory to find dstat.map under config. So when i used that it gave File not found exception.

>> ./dsrun org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport -add --eperson=pavank...@yahoo.com
--source= /home/pavan/dspace_data --mapfile = /usr/local/dspace/config/dstat.map

pavan krishnamurthy

Aug 24, 2015, 5:29:33 PM8/24/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi all,
I was trying to migrate from eprints to dspace . One of the steps says to ingest dspace simple archive for which we need to run dsrun.

I got little confused what should i use for map , and i searched the dspace directory to find dstat.map under config directory. So when i used that it gave File not found exception.

>> ./dsrun org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport -add --eperson= pavank...@yahoo.com
     --source= /home/pavan/dspace_data  --mapfile = /usr/local/dspace/config/dstat.map

Is my usage of fields are correct ? I am using  dspace 1.4.2  installed on fedora 6 .

The exception says

Deleting items listed in mapfile: =
java.io.FileNotFoundException: = (No such file or directory)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java :106)
    at java.io.FileReader.<init>(FileReader.java:41)
    at org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.readMapFile(ItemImport.java:738)
    at org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.deleteItems(ItemImport.java:586)
    at org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.main(ItemImport.java:423)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: = (No such file or directory)

Thanks
Pavan

Claudia Juergen

Aug 24, 2015, 5:29:43 PM8/24/15
to pavan krishnamurthy, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Pavan,

the map file is simple a file where the handles of imported items are
stored. The so called map file can be used to revert the import.

Thus your command should be like
[dspace]/bin/dsrun org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport
-a
-e pavavn...@yahoo.com
-s /home/pavan/dspace_data
-m /home/pavan/foo.map

[dspace] stands for the installation directory of your DSpace instance.
Replace foo.map with a suitable name.
Unless no other errors do occur a file name foo.map will be created and
the handles of the newly created items will be written to it.

hope that helps

Claudia