[Dspace-tech] handle server installation problem

1 view

Md. Abdur Razzak Ali Sorker

Aug 24, 2015, 4:13:49 PM8/24/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi,
I am trying to install the handle server but in the first step i failed.

i am getting the following error, can anybody please help me regarding this problem.

Thanks

Razzak

[root@dspace bin]# ./dsrun net.handle.server.SimpleSetup /usr/dspace/handle-serv
er
Warning: -Xmx256m not understood. Ignoring.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: while resolving class
: net.handle.hdllib.Util
   at java.lang.VMClassLoader.resolveClass(java.lang.Class) (/usr/lib64/libgcj.s
o.5.0.0)
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass() (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
   at _Jv_ResolvePoolEntry(java.lang.Class, int) (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
   at net.handle.server.SimpleSetup.main(java.lang.String[]) (Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.crypto.interfaces.DHPublicKey
 not found in [file:./, file:/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_06/jre/lib/*.jar, file:/usr/java
/jdk1.5.0_06/lib/*.jar, file:/usr/dspace/lib/activation.jar, file:/usr/dspace/li
b/commons-cli.jar, file:/usr/dspace/lib/commons-codec-1.3.jar, file:/usr/dspace/
lib/commons-collections.jar, file:/usr/dspace/lib/commons-dbcp.jar, file:/usr/ds
pace/lib/commons-fileupload.jar, file:/usr/dspace/lib/commons-pool.jar, file:/us
r/dspace/lib/dspace.jar, file:/usr/dspace/lib/handle.jar, file:/usr/dspace/lib/j
akarta-poi.jar, file:/usr/dspace/lib/jargon.jar, file:/usr/dspace/lib/jaxen-1.1-
beta-7.jar, file:/usr/dspace/lib/jdom.jar, file:/usr/dspace/lib/jena.jar, file:/
usr/dspace/lib/jstl.jar, file:/usr/dspace/lib/log4j.jar, file:/usr/dspace/lib/lu
cene.jar, file:/usr/dspace/lib/lucene-sandbox.jar, file:/usr/dspace/lib/mail.jar
, file:/usr/dspace/lib/mets.jar, file:/usr/dspace/lib/oaicat.jar, file:/usr/dspa
ce/lib/oro.jar, file:/usr/dspace/lib/PDFBox.jar, file:/usr/dspace/lib/postgresql
-8.1-407.jdbc3.jar, file:/usr/dspace/lib/rome.jar, file:/usr/dspace/lib/servlet.
jar, file:/usr/dspace/lib/standard.jar, file:/usr/dspace/lib/tm-extractors.jar,
file:/usr/dspace/lib/xalan.jar, file:/usr/dspace/lib/xercesImpl.jar, file:/usr/d
space/lib/xml-apis.jar, file:/usr/dspace/config/, file:/usr/share/java/libgcj-3.
4.3.jar, file:./, core:/]
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(java.lang.String) (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.
5.0.0)
   at gnu.gcj.runtime.VMClassLoader.findClass(java.lang.String) (/usr/lib64/libg
cj.so.5.0.0)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(java.lang.String, boolean) (/usr/lib64/lib
gcj.so.5.0.0)
   at _Jv_FindClass(_Jv_Utf8Const, java.lang.ClassLoader) (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.
5.0.0)
   at _Jv_ClassReader.handleInterface(int, int) (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
   at _Jv_ClassReader.parse() (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
   at _Jv_DefineClass(java.lang.Class, byte[], int, int) (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.5
.0.0)

believed to be clean.

Stuart David Lewis [sdl]

Aug 24, 2015, 4:13:50 PM8/24/15
to Md. Abdur Razzak Ali Sorker, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Razzak,

It sounds like you are not using a Sun JDK. Check that 'java' points to
a Sun version. (type 'which java' to see where it is)

Hope this helps,

Stuart

Datblygydd Cymwysiadau'r We Web Applications Developer
Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth Information Services
Prifysgol Cymru Aberystwyth University of Wales Aberystwyth

E-bost / E-mail: Stuart...@aber.ac.uk
Ffon / Tel: (01970) 622860

________________________________

believed to be clean.

Md. Abdur Razzak Ali Sorker

Aug 24, 2015, 4:13:52 PM8/24/15
to Stuart David Lewis [sdl], dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Stuart
I am using sun jdk see in the error message it's showing the error messge i am making it red color and bold.
The version i am using is jdk1.5.0_06

Thanks
Razzak
> , and is
> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.

Stuart David Lewis [sdl]

Aug 24, 2015, 4:13:53 PM8/24/15
to Md. Abdur Razzak Ali Sorker, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Razzak,

It looks like java is looking in the Sun JDK's class path as you have
highlighted, but there are a couple of things that suggest the actual
version of java which is executing is not the SUN JDK:

> Warning: -Xmx256m not understood. Ignoring.

and

> java.lang.VMClassLoader.resolveClass(java.lang.Class)
> (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.5.0.0)

These two suggest that you might actually be running the GNU java
interpreter rather than Sun's JDK. Sun's JDK will understand the
-Xmx256m (use at most 256Mb of RAM) flag, and the libgcj file is used by
the GNU implementation (http://gcc.gnu.org/java/).

I may be wrong though! Let us know how you get on.

Stuart

Datblygydd Cymwysiadau'r We Web Applications Developer
Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth Information Services
Prifysgol Cymru Aberystwyth University of Wales Aberystwyth

E-bost / E-mail: Stuart...@aber.ac.uk
Ffon / Tel: (01970) 622860

________________________________

> It sounds like you are not using a Sun JDK. Check that 'java' points
> a Sun version. (type 'which java' to see where it is)
>
> Hope this helps,
>

> Stuart
>
> Datblygydd Cymwysiadau'r We Web Applications Developer
> Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth Information Services
> Prifysgol Cymru Aberystwyth University of Wales Aberystwyth
>
> E-bost / E-mail: Stuart...@aber.ac.uk
<mailto:Stuart...@aber.ac.uk>

Stuart David Lewis [sdl]

Aug 24, 2015, 4:13:55 PM8/24/15
to Md. Abdur Razzak Ali Sorker, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Razzak,

You can enter the path of the Sun JDK in [dspace]/bin/dsrun (the last
line):

# Now invoke Java
java -Xmx256m -classpath $FULLPATH "$@"

Change this to something like:

/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_06/bin/java -Xms256m -classpath $FULLPATH "$@"

Hope this helps,

Stuart

Datblygydd Cymwysiadau'r We Web Applications Developer
Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth Information Services
Prifysgol Cymru Aberystwyth University of Wales Aberystwyth

E-bost / E-mail: Stuart...@aber.ac.uk
Ffon / Tel: (01970) 622860

Aug 24, 2015, 4:13:57 PM8/24/15
On 10/19/06, Stuart David Lewis [sdl] <s...@aber.ac.uk> wrote:
> You can enter the path of the Sun JDK in [dspace]/bin/dsrun (the last
> line):
>
> # Now invoke Java
> java -Xmx256m -classpath $FULLPATH "$@"
>
> Change this to something like:
>
> /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_06/bin/java -Xms256m -classpath $FULLPATH "$@"
> I have install sun jdk and set the JAVA_HOME for sun jdk which is using
> by
> tomcat as well. even if i look for $JAVA_HOME it is showing the sun jdk.
>
> Then why it is using for GNU java instead of Sun JDK?

The fix he mentions explains exactly why even though JAVA_HOME is set
that the wrong java is being used. The first part of your PATH that
contains a java is probably /usr/bin. YOu might want to try adding the
following to your .bashrc (though if the purpose is for the system to
do it automatically, you might need to edit /etc/profile):
export PATH=/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_06/bin:$PATH

or you could always do:
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_06
export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH

Jonathan