[Dspace-tech] Dspace release 3.0 with Oracle???

qamar syed

Aug 26, 2015, 10:16:45 AM8/26/15
to dspace-tech

If anyone successfully configured release 3.0 with Oracle, please share your experience. Because I have tried so many times but unfortunately still failed.

Regards

Abbas
http://qamarsyed.blogspot.com/

Sent via GNex

Lighton Phiri

Aug 26, 2015, 10:16:46 AM8/26/15
to qamar syed, dspace-tech
It would help if you specified the version of Oracle you are using and the errors you get when installation fails.
Lighton Phiri
http://lightonphiri.org
http://p.sf.net/sfu/logmein_12329d2d

qamar syed

Aug 26, 2015, 10:16:48 AM8/26/15
to Lighton Phiri, dspace-tech

Well my post is already discussed on this forum with subject : Ant fresh install Fatal error. Mr. Helix already replied that he can't provide support on this issue.

Your support would be appreciated if you can help me in this regard.

Sent via GNex

Pottinger, Hardy J.

Aug 26, 2015, 10:17:22 AM8/26/15
to qamar syed, Lighton Phiri, dspace-tech
Hi, I've opened a Jira issue for this:

https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1435

And have referenced the two DSpace-tech threads (this one to which I am
replying, as well as the one mentioned immediately below).

If there are any active DSpace developers who use Oracle, or have access
to an Oracle DB for testing purposes, would you please consider pitching
in with this effort? We'll need the help of the Oracle + DSpace community
to figure this one out. The date for DSpace 3.1 has not yet been set... I
for one would really like to see a patch for DS-1435 make it into that
release. Let's make it happen!

If you *can* test DSpace 3.0 with Oracle, please post your findings (error
messages and stack traces) to DS-1435. Thanks! If you already have such
details, please post them soon.

I've recently sorted out an issue with rebuilding the browse index on our
1.7.2-based staging instance of DSpace, and found the following wiki page
invaluable:

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/TechnicalFaq#TechnicalFaq-Setting
loggingleveluptoDEBUG

In particular, adding this line to DSpace/config/log4j.properties was very
helpful:

log4j.logger.org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager=DEBUG, A1

Being able to see the actual SQL queries that were causing the error made
the solution obvious.

--
HARDY POTTINGER <potti...@umsystem.edu>
University of Missouri Library Systems

--Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth
>DSpace-tech@lists.sourceforge.nethttps://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listi
>nfo/dspace-tech
>List Etiquette:
>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Mailing+List+Etiquette

Pottinger, Hardy J.

Aug 26, 2015, 10:17:24 AM8/26/15
to Pottinger, Hardy J., qamar syed, Lighton Phiri, dspace-tech
Hi, just a small update, if you're at all interested in helping out with
testing this issue, but don't have access to an Oracle DB, but you do have
VirtualBox installed, here are some Vbox images with Oracle 11g on them:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/community/developer-vm/index.html

One of them comes complete with Maven 3 and Netbeans. Almost an entire
DSpace development stack on a stick. :-)

--
HARDY POTTINGER <potti...@umsystem.edu>
University of Missouri Library Systems
http://lso.umsystem.edu/~pottingerhj/
https://MOspace.umsystem.edu/
"Do not bubble. Do not spin your wheels. Use words I know." --Kurt
Vonnegut, final instructions to writing students

On 12/19/12 1:48 PM, "Pottinger, Hardy J." <Potti...@missouri.edu>

qamar syed

Aug 26, 2015, 10:17:30 AM8/26/15
to Pottinger, Hardy J., dspace-tech
Thanks Hardy for raising this issue to Jira, I was wondering too that why not all the developers are noticing this issue??

Let me post my findings in am moment, I have checked almost all the related classes, DBManager works fine but when it calls to ColumnInfo class , then the error occurs.

Regards

Qamar Abbas
http://qamarsyed.blogspot.com

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 12:48 AM, Pottinger, Hardy J. <Potti...@missouri.edu> wrote:
HARDY

damanzano

Aug 26, 2015, 11:01:36 AM8/26/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi,

Has being this issue solved?

I'm have downloaded the dspace-3_X branch from Github and tried to install
into a windows 7 PC and using an oracle database. When i execute the ant
fresh_install comand it fails reporting the following error:

[java] Error:
[java] - null
[java] 2013-06-07 15:54:02,870 FATAL
org.dspace.administer.RegistryLoader @ anonymous::error_loading_registries:
[java] java.lang.NullPointerException
[java] at
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.ColumnInfo.canonicalize(ColumnInfo.java:154)
[java] at
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.TableRow.canonicalizeAndCheck(TableRow.java:579)
[java] at
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.TableRow.setColumn(TableRow.java:437)
[java] at
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.doInsertGeneric(DatabaseManager.java:1834)
[java] at
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.insert(DatabaseManager.java:675)
[java] at
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.create(DatabaseManager.java:447)
[java] at
org.dspace.content.BitstreamFormat.create(BitstreamFormat.java:403)
[java] at
org.dspace.administer.RegistryLoader.loadFormat(RegistryLoader.java:172)
[java] at
org.dspace.administer.RegistryLoader.loadBitstreamFormats(RegistryLoader.java:138)
[java] at
org.dspace.administer.RegistryLoader.main(RegistryLoader.java:75)

I have already all the comments in the jira DS-1435 report
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1435
<https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1435 > and cheked the code match
with the file in Github but still have the problem.

I only get the error when i set the db.schema property in build.properties.
If i leave this property in blank ant fresh_install does not ocurre but then
i have problems submiting item to collections because i have several
database schemas for different dspace repositorioes (in different verisons).
for example i get :
ERROR org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.SubmissionController @ Error loading step
class'org.dspace.submit.step.UploadStep':
java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00904: "METS_BITSTREAM_ID":
identificador no válido

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:445)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:396)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.processError(T4C8Oall.java:879)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.receive(T4CTTIfun.java:450)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.doRPC(T4CTTIfun.java:192)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.doOALL(T4C8Oall.java:531)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.doOall8(T4CPreparedStatement.java:207)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.executeForRows(T4CPreparedStatement.java:1044)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1329)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeInternal(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3584)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.execute(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3685)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.execute(OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.java:1376)
at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.execute(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:172)
at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.execute(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:172)
at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.execute(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:172)
at
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.execute(DatabaseManager.java:1281)
at
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.doInsertGeneric(DatabaseManager.java:1879)
at
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.insert(DatabaseManager.java:675)
at
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.create(DatabaseManager.java:447)
at org.dspace.content.Bundle.create(Bundle.java:199)
at org.dspace.content.Item.createBundle(Item.java:1258)
at org.dspace.content.Item.createSingleBitstream(Item.java:1403)
at org.dspace.submit.step.UploadStep.processUploadFile(UploadStep.java:500)
at org.dspace.submit.step.UploadStep.doProcessing(UploadStep.java:145)
at
org.dspace.app.webui.submit.JSPStepManager.doStepEnd(JSPStepManager.java:401)
at
org.dspace.app.webui.submit.JSPStepManager.processStep(JSPStepManager.java:252)
at
org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.SubmissionController.doStep(SubmissionController.java:382)
at
org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.SubmissionController.doDSPost(SubmissionController.java:318)
at
org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.DSpaceServlet.processRequest(DSpaceServlet.java:115)
at org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.DSpaceServlet.doPost(DSpaceServlet.java:73)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
at
at
at
org.dspace.app.webui.filter.RegisteredOnlyFilter.doFilter(RegisteredOnlyFilter.java:66)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at
at
org.dspace.utils.servlet.DSpaceWebappServletFilter.doFilter(DSpaceWebappServletFilter.java:78)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at
at
at
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at
at
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:602)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Pottinger, Hardy J.

Aug 26, 2015, 11:01:37 AM8/26/15
to damanzano, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi, the issue has been solved, I am currently running code based on that branch in production, on an Oracle DB. However, I think the word "schema" may be tripping you up. It means something specific in PostgreSQL, in Oracle it means just "user" or "database." You can safely leave it blank for Oracle, and just use the username you need to address each Oracle schema. We do this for several developer instances in the same container, on our development machine.

--Hardy

Sent from my iPad
> 1. A cloud service to automate IT design, transition and operations
> 2. Dashboards that offer high-level views of enterprise services
> 3. A single system of record for all IT processes
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/servicenow-d2d-j

damanzano

Aug 26, 2015, 11:29:01 AM8/26/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Hardy,

Thanks for your help! In fact, whe i leave blank the db.schema property i
can run fresh_install. The problem with the bundle table was due to the way
my database user/schema was created. Now i'm running without problem.

Attached is the script i use for database user creation, maybe it can help
someone else with the same problem:

CREATE USER DSPACE
IDENTIFIED BY XXXX
DEFAULT TABLESPACE DSPACE1